cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Storage Space

Looking for help with managing the storage space in your Dropbox account? Talk to the Dropbox Community and get advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No additional space on Business Advanced

No additional space on Business Advanced

ggtello
Helpful | Level 6

Dear community,

I'm here to advice that the support have been denying us additional space for two weeks, first telling us that there was a momentary problem, then that we had made a request before the 7 days, then again (after waiting 7 days) that there is a problem which however is not written by Nowhere.

We're really worried about that because they don't give us any timelines and the fact that the problem doesn't exist on the dropbox status page and that nobody else talks about it seems a bit suspicious.

I don't like writing these posts but we are really worried don't you think? Are any of you having similar problems? do they only have it with us?

615 Replies 615

OfficeInCT
Collaborator | Level 9

I would highly encourage users to NOT look at Dropbox as an Enterprise service. Nor Google Drive, nor Box.com, nor any of the other ones like that. Frame.IO is launching a service soon that allows users to connect S3 storage. IBM, Azure, Google Cloud are all better fits for storage. 

cgi_ltd
Collaborator | Level 10
S3 storage tends to be on the expensive side, when you consider the amount it costs just for the storage, not to mention any ingress or egress fees to pull/push data to them.

OfficeInCT
Collaborator | Level 9

That's true it does, but situations like this are less likely to arise. Always the trade off: speed or cost or quality. 

Eldon McGuinness
Collaborator | Level 9

Don't bother, just host your own service and make your own s3 storage on it.

If you want some info on this let me know.

OfficeInCT
Collaborator | Level 9

Yeah, lot of companies going back to on-prem. 45Drives has their Storinator as an option for people https://www.45drives.com/products/storinator-xl60-configurations.php

Eldon McGuinness
Collaborator | Level 9
Does that include drives? Didn't seem to note that it did. Though, maybe I can't see it on the mobile view. Looks like they need a web developer...

OfficeInCT
Collaborator | Level 9

@Eldon McGuinness Doesn't include drives, but purpose built and solid customer service. 

Eldon McGuinness
Collaborator | Level 9
13k and no drives?! That is crazy. Maybe Dropbox is doing business with these guys, would explain the plan price change LOL.

cgi_ltd
Collaborator | Level 10

eBay has TONS of used enterprise storage devices. Plenty that won't break the bank and and can be configured how you want it. Install whatever OS you want in it and throw a 10gb SFP card in it, for example;

https://www.ebay.com/itm/154728911136?var=454821194443

Eldon McGuinness
Collaborator | Level 9

Indeed, I recommend people to take a look there, if they're ok with the associated risks, first.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

dsucx New member | Level 2
    Mrleosir1 New member | Level 2
    OfficeInCT Collaborator | Level 9
    dropby Helpful | Level 6
    ggtello Helpful | Level 6
What do Dropbox user levels mean?