cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Storage Space

Looking for help with managing the storage space in your Dropbox account? Talk to the Dropbox Community and get advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No additional space on Business Advanced

No additional space on Business Advanced

ggtello
Helpful | Level 6

Dear community,

I'm here to advice that the support have been denying us additional space for two weeks, first telling us that there was a momentary problem, then that we had made a request before the 7 days, then again (after waiting 7 days) that there is a problem which however is not written by Nowhere.

We're really worried about that because they don't give us any timelines and the fact that the problem doesn't exist on the dropbox status page and that nobody else talks about it seems a bit suspicious.

I don't like writing these posts but we are really worried don't you think? Are any of you having similar problems? do they only have it with us?

615 Replies 615

cgi_ltd
Collaborator | Level 10
Anyone on the Advanved Plan notice that; dropbox.com/plan no longer shows your free/used space?

Also, I use to be able to upload as fast as my connection could go, I'm getting TONS of rate limiting errors now, and on top of that "503" errors, which usually means it can not maintain a connection to the server. I tried to upload 3 seperate 15gb files, started out fine until they just "stopped" uploading at 0/Bytes /second with an eta of 24 years in rclone. I don't know if we got singled out, or what's going on.

Eldon McGuinness
Collaborator | Level 9

What are you using to upload?

cgi_ltd
Collaborator | Level 10

rclone to a crypt destination on DB

I keep seeing errors in the rclone debug logs saying, "oops something went wrong, our engineering team has been made aware of it (503). 

503 is usually a server response that indicates a lost/disconnection or no response from the server. This is where ALL my uploads stop and it shows like 240 years till completion of 3, 15gb files.

ashadghoiy1
New member | Level 2
Not exactly an “idea”, but I needed somewhere to express this and support suggested this.

Dropbox recently announced a new policy by which they’re completely changing existing agreements that are already paid for and nuking their storage space.

My company, in particular, is now going to have to completely restructure how we handle client deliverables because - SHOCKER - not every company in the world only relies on tiny word documents to maintain business.

This move is going to cost me thousands of dollars, and will probably result in my having to MASSIVELY cut back on how much clientele I can take on for awhile while I work on moving over 100TB of data into *something else*

The fact they can even legally do this is astounding. I know it’s my own fault for putting too many eggs in one basket, but I didn’t imagine that something like 5+ years into a paid agreement that Dropbox could/would just **bleep** me in the way they have here.

Completely disgusting. Can’t believe I’ve been recommending this platform for as long as I have. I’m sure they’ve done the math and they don’t care about my business, but I’m sure I can’t be alone in feeling so unethically screwed by an organization that’s allowed me to exist and move in ways that most can’t.

So upsetting. Sorry for ranting.

jacoporicci
Helpful | Level 6

Quoting 100% of this. I'm in the same situation as I work in production design and I handle terabytes of data every month. This is just plain bad. I'll stop using Dropbox and advise to do so to every single person and business I can.

cgi_ltd
Collaborator | Level 10

Agree with the top 2 responses. Dropbox Wants me to go from paying $2,160 a year for 6 users to $60,000 a year. LMFAO. I don't even know the % hike that is, no do I care to do the math on that. Plain ridiculous. I can actually go back to Google Workspace @ $20/user and get 5TB pooled storage per user. When the storage gets full, Google will double the storage allocated to the pool every 90 days.

Eldon McGuinness
Collaborator | Level 9
Out of curiosity, was that the "negotiated rate" for you that Dropbox said was coming?

cgi_ltd
Collaborator | Level 10
They wanted me to sign up with 300 users to accommodate the 600TB of data I have stored already. The quote was for 300 users @ $200.00 per user, per year. Only way to get that pricing was to sign a 1 year SLA. When you break it down, it's only about $16.00 per user, but because of the storage amount, they said it was necessary to have that many users in order to accommodate the amount of storage.

jacoporicci
Helpful | Level 6

Looks like Dropbox is also throttling and making it difficult for users to move files OUT of their servers, which makes all of this even more grotesque.

I advise someone at Dropbox to get their s--- together before they get their butts sued.

OfficeInCT
Collaborator | Level 9

@cgi_ltd  so the $60K was a true number they quoted you? For reference for everyone else, now that Dropbox is reaching out to people, you have 600TB and that would factually cost you $60K per year. 

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

dsucx New member | Level 2
    Mrleosir1 New member | Level 2
    OfficeInCT Collaborator | Level 9
    dropby Helpful | Level 6
    ggtello Helpful | Level 6
What do Dropbox user levels mean?