cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Storage Space

Looking for help with managing the storage space in your Dropbox account? Talk to the Dropbox Community and get advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No additional space on Business Advanced

No additional space on Business Advanced

ggtello
Helpful | Level 6

Dear community,

I'm here to advice that the support have been denying us additional space for two weeks, first telling us that there was a momentary problem, then that we had made a request before the 7 days, then again (after waiting 7 days) that there is a problem which however is not written by Nowhere.

We're really worried about that because they don't give us any timelines and the fact that the problem doesn't exist on the dropbox status page and that nobody else talks about it seems a bit suspicious.

I don't like writing these posts but we are really worried don't you think? Are any of you having similar problems? do they only have it with us?

615 Replies 615

Niitr0
Experienced | Level 12
How much is the price?

Nigelbb
Helpful | Level 5

@VM Khan you say you have been upgraded to 15TB pool/user. How was that done? Have you been upgraded an extra 5TB pool/user after 90 days?

I have 115TB on Google Drive with five users. Originally I had 25TB (5TBx5) of storage allocated & when I asked for more storage they gave me another 5TB per user so I now have 50TB in total but I cannot request more storage until 28th October when 90 days has elapsed since my last request for more storage.  If Google will give me another 25TB on 28th October then another 25TB ninety days later then another 25TB ninety days after that & another 25TB ninety days after that then I too would stay with Google Workspace as while I have 115TB my extra storage required going forward will likely be at most an extra  5TB per year.

Niitr0
Experienced | Level 12

@Nigelbb Hello  , What subscription do you have with Google?

VM Khan
Helpful | Level 6

@Nigelbb 
2nd time I request after 90 days. increased to a total of 15TB pool. It increases automatically.
I contacted support, asking them to increase it. They said they would increase the pool by 5TB. But when they checked my account, they saw that I had just increased the capacity so they said to contact me again after 90 days.
I think you need to contact support directly,. (Send more content in case ID, where automatically rejected, someone will reply to you).

Niitr0
Experienced | Level 12

@VM Khan , Do you have a business plus subscription?

VM Khan
Helpful | Level 6

@Niitr0 I am using the Workspace enterprise.

Roltec
Explorer | Level 4

So 15 TB it is. And forget about getting or keeping 35 TB per license (user). So now those that have hundreds of TB's with Dropbox will be forced to either pay hundreds or thousands per month or just leave.

Think about it. $90 month * 12 months is already $1080 a year. If you buy 6 18TB drives for $180 each from serverpartdeals for example, that gives you 5 drives at 18TB of space and a parity drive, so 90TB of space for the same $1080. Difference is, you don't pay this every single month like you will be doing with dropbox and you will have yourself MORE space than what they are going to be leaving everyone with.

For those with the space, find an enclosure or use an existing one and start Unraid as a VM. Get a cheap sata riser card and now you have a NAS! At least this is the route I believe I am going with within the next month or two.

I do not see myself keeping 30TB I was stopped at with Dropbox just to keep paying $90/month. Absolutely not worth it anymore.

Nigelbb
Helpful | Level 5

@Niitr0 I have Google Workspace Enterprise Standard with five users.

cgi_ltd
Collaborator | Level 10
This is true about hosting your own data vs paying the cloud to store it. Benefit of the cloud is no maintenance and fast access to your data. Even with the Google crackdown, I am going BACK to Google. With 5 users @ 20/user/month = $100/mo. You get 25TB, and when you get to 80% of 25TB you can request more, they allocate an additonal 5tb per user, every 90 days.So if you already have an account that's full, you can add the extra users and get 50TB instantly. Then 90 days later you can get 25tb more, now your at 75TB. So while slow, Google will eventually give you the space you need if your patient. You can also increase the amount of space you get by adding more users.

Niitr0
Experienced | Level 12
They won't end up blocking you..., I couldn't trust the cloud, I'm seriously thinking about stopping
Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

dsucx New member | Level 2
    Mrleosir1 New member | Level 2
    OfficeInCT Collaborator | Level 9
    dropby Helpful | Level 6
    ggtello Helpful | Level 6
What do Dropbox user levels mean?