cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Storage Space

Looking for help with managing the storage space in your Dropbox account? Talk to the Dropbox Community and get advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No additional space on Business Advanced

No additional space on Business Advanced

ggtello
Helpful | Level 6

Dear community,

I'm here to advice that the support have been denying us additional space for two weeks, first telling us that there was a momentary problem, then that we had made a request before the 7 days, then again (after waiting 7 days) that there is a problem which however is not written by Nowhere.

We're really worried about that because they don't give us any timelines and the fact that the problem doesn't exist on the dropbox status page and that nobody else talks about it seems a bit suspicious.

I don't like writing these posts but we are really worried don't you think? Are any of you having similar problems? do they only have it with us?

615 Replies 615

MrLeoSir
Helpful | Level 6

how long do we have to get our data out of dropbox? as I use video files and they are just big. So I fear I will lose some of my work

DBXCommunity
Community Manager

Hi @Thunder1 

Storage is pooled in the Dropbox Advanced plan. We determine whether you are above or below the 35TB/license threshold as an average usage, meaning it is calculated as Terabytes per License rather than assigning a TB amount to individual users.

There are two major differences in being above or below this 35TB/license threshold:

• Accounts above 35TB/license will receive 1 year of an additional 5TB of pooled storage on their account. Accounts below this threshold will receive this 5TB for 5 years.
  • A team member at Dropbox will contact you to discuss the range of options for your business or organization's storage needs if your account is above 35 TB/license

DBXCommunity
Community Manager

Hi @MrLeoSir,

We will begin migrating existing Advanced accounts to the new policy on November 1. We will notify users at least 30 days before this migration begins.

Thunder1
Helpful | Level 5
@DBXCommunity

Just to clarify : Does 35TB per License mean 35TB per User license or per Account license? So if I have 3 Users in my Account , is this one license or 3 licenses?

You said 5TB for one year if I am over this 35TB and 5TB for 5 years if I am under.
Does this also apply for my "regular" storage quota? Or will I be able to keep my already granted storage quota the "Plan" Page in my Account is showing me?
Or just the already occupied storage? Or none of it?
Thats not clear to me.

MrLeoSir
Helpful | Level 6

so If I understand you correctly, we will not charged more for 100TB for 5 years if we have that?

Shamrock22
Helpful | Level 7

If "old Accounts" are under the 35TB per User-Limit are we allowed to expand our storage to those 35TB per User or are we stuck with the capacity we already have at this point? This question is important for our business. If we are stuck with what we've already got at this point then this ain't a good deal for us anymore unfortunately.

ButIfOnly
New member | Level 2

Hey @DBXCommunity, 

Let's say I have 300 TB of total quota on my Dropbox Advanced plan right now, with 3 licenses.

Can you please explain what changes will happen?
To my understanding, I fall under the > 35 TB/license bracket so:

- I will only get 5 TB more next year. So basically my quota will become 305 TB.

- To increase storage further up to 1 PB, I have to pay $10/month for 1 TB or add licenses for 5 TB.

What I don't know for sure is if after 1 year will I drop down to 5 TB/license? It is not clear based on the blog announcement whether the 5 TB increase is for one year or if my existing quota is valid for one more year. I hope it's not the case that I will lose my storage and you're applying this change retroactively.

Thank you.

leandrillo
Explorer | Level 4

asi mismo con la politica todo 1 tera sera a 10 dolares

cespa92
Helpful | Level 6
La política de 1TB mensual fue temporal... 🧐

DBXCommunity
Community Manager

Hi Everybody,

Thanks for your questions. I'd like to refer back to our blog post to answer your questions:

Starting today, customers who purchase a Dropbox Advanced plan with three active licenses will receive 15TB of storage space shared by the team... Each additional active license will receive 5TB of storage.

For the less than 1% of customers utilizing 35TB or more of storage per license, we’re committed to working with you. To make this transition easier, you’ll be able to continue utilizing your current storage amount at the time you’re notified, plus an additional 5TB credit of pooled storage for one year (up to 1,000TB total), at no additional charge to your existing plan. You’ll be contacted by our team in the coming weeks to discuss a range of options for getting the storage that you need for your business or organization.

@ButIfOnly @MrLeoSir 5TB per license will apply to Dropbox Advanced plans purchased starting today. This limit will not be imposed on existing Dropbox plans when they are migrated to the new storage policy. However, if you are over this 35TB/license threshold, a Dropbox team member will be reaching out to discuss storage options moving forward.

@Shamrock22 The determination of whether you are at or below 35TB/license will be made based on your usage.

An active user is a person who regularly logs in and uses their Dropbox account. 

@Thunder1 Each active user corresponds to a license. In an Advanced account, the number of users and the number of licenses is the same. Editing to add: You can verify your storage usage through the Admin console within your Dropbox account or by contacting your Dropbox account manager.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

dsucx New member | Level 2
    Mrleosir1 New member | Level 2
    OfficeInCT Collaborator | Level 9
    dropby Helpful | Level 6
    ggtello Helpful | Level 6
What do Dropbox user levels mean?