cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Storage Space

Looking for help with managing the storage space in your Dropbox account? Talk to the Dropbox Community and get advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No additional space on Business Advanced

No additional space on Business Advanced

ggtello
Helpful | Level 6

Dear community,

I'm here to advice that the support have been denying us additional space for two weeks, first telling us that there was a momentary problem, then that we had made a request before the 7 days, then again (after waiting 7 days) that there is a problem which however is not written by Nowhere.

We're really worried about that because they don't give us any timelines and the fact that the problem doesn't exist on the dropbox status page and that nobody else talks about it seems a bit suspicious.

I don't like writing these posts but we are really worried don't you think? Are any of you having similar problems? do they only have it with us?

615 Replies 615

Niitr0
Experienced | Level 12
For information: We are aware of a current problem accessing our chat service on Dropbox.com/support. We will put it back into service as soon as possible, nothing to do with storage problems

Eldon McGuinness
Collaborator | Level 9
@Niitr0 Is there any chance you can find those links and post them here, that way we can have a more complete idea as far as we're Dropbox is standing. I'm sure that'll help us and other customers make the appropriate decision.

HWG-1
Collaborator | Level 10

Jep, i have check today the Chatsupport function. It's working.

We are doing it right now Back-up all data from Dropbox.

I have no more trust in Dropbox, i have my second refund and I'm afraid that the account will be killed at some point.
The problem is we can't keep working.

Niitr0
Experienced | Level 12
I don't know if I can post the links from another site here, but you can type "unlimited storage dropbox or advanced account" on reddit there are plenty of tabs that talk about it

Eldon McGuinness
Collaborator | Level 9

@Niitr0 I was actually more interested in seeing the ones where people are claiming to be Dropbox staff. I don't see why you couldn't link to another page here though. Reddit included.

Niitr0
Experienced | Level 12
I'll see if I can find you the conversation because it's not felt

cgi_ltd
Collaborator | Level 10
Who are you using for your main storage now?

Niitr0
Experienced | Level 12
A nas for vulnerable content and dropbox for the rest

cgi_ltd
Collaborator | Level 10
I am also an IT professional. We all KNOW people will use any kind of cloud services for plex if it can be integrated. What would really help them, is if they turned on data dedup across their infrastructure, and allowed all these big accounts to dedup. While not a 100% fix, considering ( according to their last earnings report ) they have over 20 million accounts, I would imagine their would be lots of deduped content. This would stop people from uploading their data in a crypt remote that can't be deduped.

Niitr0
Experienced | Level 12
Dropbox cannot be used for Plex, and give that Plex to close the Plex cloud, moreover in compliance with the DMCA Law, you cannot host this kind of content under dropbox under penalty of permanent banning
Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

dsucx New member | Level 2
    Mrleosir1 New member | Level 2
    OfficeInCT Collaborator | Level 9
    dropby Helpful | Level 6
    ggtello Helpful | Level 6
What do Dropbox user levels mean?