cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Storage Space

Looking for help with managing the storage space in your Dropbox account? Talk to the Dropbox Community and get advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No additional space on Business Advanced

No additional space on Business Advanced

ggtello
Helpful | Level 6

Dear community,

I'm here to advice that the support have been denying us additional space for two weeks, first telling us that there was a momentary problem, then that we had made a request before the 7 days, then again (after waiting 7 days) that there is a problem which however is not written by Nowhere.

We're really worried about that because they don't give us any timelines and the fact that the problem doesn't exist on the dropbox status page and that nobody else talks about it seems a bit suspicious.

I don't like writing these posts but we are really worried don't you think? Are any of you having similar problems? do they only have it with us?

615 Replies 615

ItIsWhatItIs
New member | Level 2

did you request space on august 10...? They're just saying september 10 for you not in general lol.

Niitr0
Experienced | Level 12
No, my request was made on August 14

HWG-1
Collaborator | Level 10

@cgi_ltd

Short info for Box. Box have a API Limit, My Limit is Full and i become a Error 403: User Rate Limit Exceeded. 

cgi_ltd
Collaborator | Level 10
I just received this as well....I think they maybe caught onto rclone ?? Weird how we both get this message on the same day. I did email the people it told me to on the e-mail regarding our usage ( they said we had too much upload traffic and are taking additional throttling actions against our account ). They also stated that another plan would solve our problem, but unknown which might work right now. Our team got to 150TB before the ax came down. Everything is done with tickets, so now it's a waiting game to see what they suggest, as I tried to explain its because we are switching cloud providers..once they data is their, the traffic would stop....

Niitr0
Experienced | Level 12
They want you to switch to the enterprise plus subscription

HWG-1
Collaborator | Level 10

@Niitr0 

Give new Infos? I have write with the Support because of Storagespace extension.

The support writes me that I will be 1TB from September, that 1TB for round 2 Month. ☹️

Niitr0
Experienced | Level 12
I don't have any new information sorry, the dropbox team couldn't respond to my messages..., why is 1 TB every 2 months new?

soppdk
Explorer | Level 4

i cant get the chunker one box to work with rclone, any chance you can share a link with a guide to config it..

HWG-1
Collaborator | Level 10

@soppdk 

Easy, you make "3 Profile/new remote" in Rclone. Example: One to Box, two crypt, three chunker.

For two and three give you by select the Hoster "crypt" for encryption, and for chunker give you "chunker" into the field. No Number by "

Type of storage to configure.
Choose a number from below, or type in your own value

" two and three!

https://rclone.org/chunker/

For "crypt config" "How to encrypt the filenames." I recommend this: 2 for long Filenames.

How to encrypt the filenames.
Enter a string value. Press Enter for the default ("standard").
Choose a number from below, or type in your own value.
   / Encrypt the filenames.
 1 | See the docs for the details.
   \ "standard"
 2 / Very simple filename obfuscation.
   \ "obfuscate"
   / Don't encrypt the file names.
 3 | Adds a ".bin" extension only.
   \ "off"

Niitr0
Experienced | Level 12
I dropped rclone, I don't understand anything lol..., so it's badly barred for me box.com
Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

dsucx New member | Level 2
    Mrleosir1 New member | Level 2
    OfficeInCT Collaborator | Level 9
    dropby Helpful | Level 6
    ggtello Helpful | Level 6
What do Dropbox user levels mean?