cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Storage Space

Looking for help with managing the storage space in your Dropbox account? Talk to the Dropbox Community and get advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No additional space on Business Advanced

No additional space on Business Advanced

ggtello
Helpful | Level 6

Dear community,

I'm here to advice that the support have been denying us additional space for two weeks, first telling us that there was a momentary problem, then that we had made a request before the 7 days, then again (after waiting 7 days) that there is a problem which however is not written by Nowhere.

We're really worried about that because they don't give us any timelines and the fact that the problem doesn't exist on the dropbox status page and that nobody else talks about it seems a bit suspicious.

I don't like writing these posts but we are really worried don't you think? Are any of you having similar problems? do they only have it with us?

615 Replies 615

Richard Eltink
Explorer | Level 4
Is there a upload limit as well?

En what about de upload speed?

HWG-1
Collaborator | Level 10

May I ask how much?

HWG-1
Collaborator | Level 10

@Richard Eltink 

Box? I use "Rclone" for our business. With Rclone and encryption + "chunker of "4GB" and 28 threads, i have a uploadspeed from 60 up to 110 MB's.

I test Box 14 days for free and have in one Day over 15 TB transferred from our data backup from DB. "with "chunker" are you bypassing the upload limit" I test the normal business Abo with 5 GB Upload Limit per File and have Upload a 180 GB Testfile. No problems. You don't have to request storage, you have directly infinite.

Niitr0
Experienced | Level 12

I don't understand, so what does this limit mean in this case? 

if I have an account with a 5gb limit, can I still send a file or folder of 50 gb?

OfficeInCT
Collaborator | Level 9

@Niitr0 @Richard Eltink and other readers - keep in mind that @HWG-1 is referring to using the API and command line tools to upload bulk files to Box.com.

HWG-1
Collaborator | Level 10
Yes, but I still hope the dropbox goes away from the 1 TB per month.
I test box, but I don't really want to switch. Normally I am very happy with Dropbox.

cgi_ltd
Collaborator | Level 10
I agree, DB has much faster servers and a higher api limit. I can max out my 5gb upload speed on fiber to DB. I can only get half a gig upload ( 500mbps = 50MB/s ) on Box. However, if they drop the plan and will no longer offer as much as needed, well..
Box will have to work...for now. As far as the api goes, I went into our corporate reports, rclone has registered 500,000 api uses for 6 users. That's literally 1,000x higher then the 50,000 our account comes with. Still is a mystery on what really uses the actual API that takes away your 50,000 uses.

Duncan Macintyre
Helpful | Level 6

Sure. My Dropbox was restored to 31TB. Note that This is not an expansion of my storage, but a rectification of the reduction of my storage which Support says was caused by a bug that relates to upgrades.

HWG-1
Collaborator | Level 10

Back to box.com test. Upload over command line with 28 threads very fast 60 up to 110 MB's. Download over networkstorage is very very slow. 0,5 up to 2 MB's. result to box.com = useless. Dropbox is despite the current limit, it's better for everyone. Please Dropbox, get away from the 1 TB limit per month. 😁

cgi_ltd
Collaborator | Level 10
I can stream a 100gb iso file via rclone mount with no problems. It does take longer to load vs DB, but for 1PB of storage for $20/mo, it's not bad for a backup of backup. When you setup an rclone mount adding --transfers=15 helps with big files. I am also using an HD Home Run device that can load read and playback full .iso images, I can load a full .iso image with menus and playback the full 100gb file fine.
Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

dsucx New member | Level 2
    Mrleosir1 New member | Level 2
    OfficeInCT Collaborator | Level 9
    dropby Helpful | Level 6
    ggtello Helpful | Level 6
What do Dropbox user levels mean?