cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Storage Space

Looking for help with managing the storage space in your Dropbox account? Talk to the Dropbox Community and get advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No additional space on Business Advanced

No additional space on Business Advanced

ggtello
Helpful | Level 6

Dear community,

I'm here to advice that the support have been denying us additional space for two weeks, first telling us that there was a momentary problem, then that we had made a request before the 7 days, then again (after waiting 7 days) that there is a problem which however is not written by Nowhere.

We're really worried about that because they don't give us any timelines and the fact that the problem doesn't exist on the dropbox status page and that nobody else talks about it seems a bit suspicious.

I don't like writing these posts but we are really worried don't you think? Are any of you having similar problems? do they only have it with us?

615 Replies 615

Niitr0
Experienced | Level 12
ok, thanks for the information. so in general, are you going to leave dropbox or wait to see how it evolves?

HWG-1
Collaborator | Level 10

My Team say, that we will wait another 1-2 month. Maybe will anything changes by Dropbox and give us more than 1 TB month. Next month but we will negotiate with box.

OfficeInCT
Collaborator | Level 9

Probably what we're doing too.

Niitr0
Experienced | Level 12
Exactly the same for us, we will wait a little and otherwise we will migrate

cgi_ltd
Collaborator | Level 10

Rclone is considered a free tool by their API. So uploading via rclone does NOT count against box.com's API per month limit. We have 6 users on the base unlimited plan, which is 5gb single file limit, and 50,000 API calls. Among our 6 users, in under a month, we have upload 200,000 files ( because of chunker ). When the admin does a "platform activity report", which will display all the API calls, it will show "rclone", and then their is a column labeled "chargeable", all rclone activity is labeled as "NO". If rclone were to use the API, we would of stopped at 50,000 files, or even before that, as rclone uploads 32 or 64 megabyte small chunks as its uploading the bigger 4.9GB chunked file. We have done lots of testing. It seems there are certain tools, WITHIN Box that use the API, like sharing files etc. But, like for me, I have been testing to "stream" linux iso's via rclone's mount, and it works and that does not count towards the API limit either. It has been discussed quite a bit on rclone's forums, but no one really understands what box defines as an API hit. We have concluded, that rclone does *NOT* use the monthly API limit. So most are covered there.

cgi_ltd
Collaborator | Level 10

DON'T US SYNC. They do not have an open API, and their uploads are capped at 40mbps/sec, thats 4 megabytes per second, panfully slow and would take a very long time to upload any significant amount of data.

HWG-1
Collaborator | Level 10

@cgi_ltd wrote:

Rclone is considered a free tool by their API. So uploading via rclone does NOT count against box.com's API per month limit. We have 6 users on the base unlimited plan, which is 5gb single file limit, and 50,000 API calls. Among our 6 users, in under a month, we have upload 200,000 files ( because of chunker ). When the admin does a "platform activity report", which will display all the API calls, it will show "rclone", and then their is a column labeled "chargeable", all rclone activity is labeled as "NO". If rclone were to use the API, we would of stopped at 50,000 files, or even before that, as rclone uploads 32 or 64 megabyte small chunks as its uploading the bigger 4.9GB chunked file. We have done lots of testing. It seems there are certain tools, WITHIN Box that use the API, like sharing files etc. But, like for me, I have been testing to "stream" linux iso's via rclone's mount, and it works and that does not count towards the API limit either. It has been discussed quite a bit on rclone's forums, but no one really understands what box defines as an API hit. We have concluded, that rclone does *NOT* use the monthly API limit. So most are covered there.

Perfect. That solves all our problems.

@cgi_ltd wrote:

DON'T US SYNC. They do not have an open API, and their uploads are capped at 40mbps/sec, thats 4 megabytes per second, panfully slow and would take a very long time to upload any significant amount of data.

Jep, i have 2 site bevor a Mail post from my Team with this Limits from Sync.

Gospeljohn001
Helpful | Level 6
Reading all your guy's stuff intimidates me. I'm technically inclined but by no means a competent network administrator. That's why I chose dropbox in the first place because so many tools were in place 😞

OfficeInCT
Collaborator | Level 9

@Gospeljohn001 don't worry, I'm in the same boat, although we do have a freelance IT admin we use. You're definitely not the only one. 

HWG-1
Collaborator | Level 10

@cgi_ltd 

So, i test now Box, and my conclusion is, that Box have a very slow Upload/Download Speed. By Dropbox i have a Speed from 14 up to 20 MB's per File. And with 8 files at the same Time 100/110 MB's. By Box i have a Speed from 4 up to 18 MB's per File and have now with 8 files at the same Time 40 up to 60 MB's. Storagespace by Box is ok, shows over 900 TB free Space.  I really don't find speed satisfactory.

Edit: Speed is down by Box to 14/24 MB's by 8 Files at the same time... useless?

Box Uploadspeed (2).jpg

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

dsucx New member | Level 2
    Mrleosir1 New member | Level 2
    OfficeInCT Collaborator | Level 9
    dropby Helpful | Level 6
    ggtello Helpful | Level 6
What do Dropbox user levels mean?