cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Storage Space

Looking for help with managing the storage space in your Dropbox account? Talk to the Dropbox Community and get advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No additional space on Business Advanced

No additional space on Business Advanced

ggtello
Helpful | Level 6

Dear community,

I'm here to advice that the support have been denying us additional space for two weeks, first telling us that there was a momentary problem, then that we had made a request before the 7 days, then again (after waiting 7 days) that there is a problem which however is not written by Nowhere.

We're really worried about that because they don't give us any timelines and the fact that the problem doesn't exist on the dropbox status page and that nobody else talks about it seems a bit suspicious.

I don't like writing these posts but we are really worried don't you think? Are any of you having similar problems? do they only have it with us?

615 Replies 615

pete_
Helpful | Level 6

simply don't get it why dropbox didn't change at least the package description and added the information on the current limitations and restrictions.

main packages are still being advertised and promoted as "As much space as needed, once purchased" which simply isn't the case as we all know.

this isn't professional to be seen as a trusted and a reliable business service provider.

still no info on the space packs, which should be purchased to avoid blocks as suggested via support communication. - so no solution to the current issues provided at all, even if you're going to pay for the immediate increase of your storage space.

Mats-BPB
New member | Level 2

Hi,

I've been getting a message that the dropbox has insufficient storage space for several days. We have the Dropbox advanced subscription and only used 151GB...
The result is that my files on the Dropbox are no longer synchronized...

I've looked at the dropbox backup page and there are no backups in progress.

How can I solve this?

yossarian82
Helpful | Level 6

Unfortunately still no news regarding these Space packs. Anyone got any news regarding when they will be announced?

Rootax
Helpful | Level 7
It makes no sense anyway. Giving more money create some space out of thin air ? We're all already paying. I get the lack of space during the big gdrive migration. But don't put the new storage capacity behind another paywall...

Shamrock22
Helpful | Level 7

As i said earlier i don‘t believe in those ‚space packs‘.

This sounds like the idea of a reddit-Troll not of a business operative.

And if this is real this will take some time they need to change their TOS with their lawyers, they need to send out new contracts to their business clients. How much will it be? 1/2 Million companies? This is an expensive idea and task.

I really don‘t believe that you can unilaterally change business contracts as you like without repercussions.

I am not US-American but from my experience with these kind of things this could become very expensive for Dropbox.

Afaik in US-American trade law you can even sue for prevented profits.

Also the question is open that couple Users for the same money with the same contract get more out of Dropbox-Business-Advanced as others.

Even this is critical in law. You cannot easily treat customers with the same contracts in a different way.

Some companies got 1000TB, some don’t even get 1TB as i saw today.

Also Dropbox Stock is still going up even tho this thread is public and the problem made it onto reddit.

When they announce that they will make all higher business contracts invalid people will sell their stocks in anticipation.

All my experience in this field tells me that there won‘t be any major structural change.

Maybe temporally, this is realistic, as we have it now.

And if they really do it and pull all the contracts the shareholders will be _very angry_ and basically the CEO can say goodbye then.
I don‘t think this will escalate in such a way.

HWG-1
Collaborator | Level 10
Is there anything new ? I hope dropbox give us more Space than 1000 GB Monthly. 12 TB on the Year is not acceptable for us and this abo.
I have 2024 by use fiber with min 1 Gbit Up and Down. And from then on, I no longer need dropbox and i host all of our servers.
Dropbox is no longer usable for us with this Limits.

stojakovic
Explorer | Level 4

Now they are happy to give 1TB after 30 days...

It is simply not acceptable - do they care our business impacts caused by this? Are they serious about their business?

SimonCarter
Helpful | Level 5

i am reading a lot about the massive increase rate of storage demand due to plex users and that that is why this is happening.

this is really unfortunate as we just signed up last month in order to migrate our data to dropbox from storage servers in a datacenter.

this limitation now halted that costing huge amounts of extra money every month.

i read about someone reporting people using rclone to upload things but the issue here is that we do that as well as we use it to move our data that way and sync stuff with other systems.

i hope they don't treat everyone using rclone as one of those mentioned in the comments.

rclone is a legit tool for businesses as well.

and we encrypt a large portion of our data as well except for files our team members share like sales files and reports. 

frustrating because we have 600+TB of data waiting to be migrated and are stuck now, sigh.

i hope a solution is presented soon, but reading why they started limited is somewhat understandable.

just a shame it also impacts legit purposes.

SimonCarter
Helpful | Level 5

so you reported something that now also affects legit companies.

i have read what you wrote and you stated the use of rclone for one, however that is also something our company uses to sync and migrate data to dropbox.

the method we use is the same as you describe, some of our data is also encrypted as it is very sensitive data.

you must realize that there is a chance that we will also be treated as those you "snitched" on.

What is your drive to even do such a thing? it is not normal behavior.

Even if there are people doing that, i don't see what you gain from it.

If in fact your report is the reason for the limitations than you are responsible for my employer having to pay huge amounts of money on storage elsewhere because we had to pause our migration.

and it is not just us, i have read from people of other businesses that have been client of dropbox for many years, now also facing setbacks and halts on projects because of it.

so in short, your actions are likely the cause that legit businesses are falling victim to the limitations.

HWG-1
Collaborator | Level 10

We use to rclone for our Business. We need that to mount Dropbox of our Servers as Network Drive and Sync all use Data with Special Software. "disaster backup" But we are far below 100 TB and our Storage rises hardly. I Hope that Dropbox returns to normal mode and we don't have to cancel the contract.

10 TB a week would be enough for us, as a compromise.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

dsucx New member | Level 2
    Mrleosir1 New member | Level 2
    OfficeInCT Collaborator | Level 9
    dropby Helpful | Level 6
    ggtello Helpful | Level 6
What do Dropbox user levels mean?