cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Storage Space

Looking for help with managing the storage space in your Dropbox account? Talk to the Dropbox Community and get advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No additional space on Business Advanced

No additional space on Business Advanced

ggtello
Helpful | Level 6

Dear community,

I'm here to advice that the support have been denying us additional space for two weeks, first telling us that there was a momentary problem, then that we had made a request before the 7 days, then again (after waiting 7 days) that there is a problem which however is not written by Nowhere.

We're really worried about that because they don't give us any timelines and the fact that the problem doesn't exist on the dropbox status page and that nobody else talks about it seems a bit suspicious.

I don't like writing these posts but we are really worried don't you think? Are any of you having similar problems? do they only have it with us?

615 Replies 615

Shamrock22
Helpful | Level 7

Could you please stop spamming in this thread. 🙄

DoctaK
New member | Level 2

Actually, they do, you must be a business user and must have a minimum of 5 users to be eligible for unlimited storage.

These so-called changes you keep going on about were not brought in this year either, they were brought in when they changed to Workspaces a couple of years ago. 

Maybe you should do a little research before you come on here and spout nonsense. 

Tomato2515
Explorer | Level 4

Sure as soon as you all understand unlimited is going away from ALL large cloud storage providers because of these people uploading 100TBs of movies and TV.  Anyone claiming unlimited is lying.

Tomato2515
Explorer | Level 4

READ: https://www.reddit.com/r/DataHoarder/comments/13fasuz/google_workspace_unlimited_storage_its_over/

and i quote:

I have 5 active users - still limited at 25TB on a legacy business suite.

currently 100TB over 50TB (they bumped it from 25 after online chat).

DoctaK
New member | Level 2

All you have to do is look at the Google price page here. 

Enterprise clearly states:
5 TB pooled storage per user, with ability to request more*

If you contact Google Workspaces presales team, you will be told, unlimited storage can be request for users with 5 members or more on their accounts.

But of course, if its on Reddit, it must be true, right?

Tomato2515
Explorer | Level 4

It's written on Google's website, Unlimited, so it must be true. Right!?

Read the thread. You can request 5TB every 90 days and they can decline.

Bye. Enjoy your limits; brought to you by the datahoarding plex selling pirates!

DoctaK
New member | Level 2

It isn't written on Google's website, clearly just stated that you need to speak with presales to be told this information.

But as other users have suggested. Stop spamming the forums with your nonsense. 

You clearly have no idea what you're talking about. 

Go be butthurt on Reddit, clearly its where you spend most of your time. 

Tomato2515
Explorer | Level 4

"It isn't written on Google's website, clearly just stated that you need to speak with presales to be told this information."

You get 5TB per user with 5 = 25TB. Which you can apply for 5TB more every 90 days, which can be declined. If you bothered to read the thread I sent you, people tried.

Next time READ what I sent you.

DoctaK
New member | Level 2

Don't need to read Reddit nonsense, I spoke to Google myself to be told the information I gave you - why don't you do the same?

But of course, if it's on Reddit, it must be correct.

Why are you still here crying if you don't use the service anyways? What benefit are you gaining by being here crying about a service you don't use?

You're really starting to look foolish.

Rich
Super User II

I think this topic has been pounded into the ground enough, so why don't both sides just agree to disagree and let this thread get back to the original subject before it gets locked. I deleted the last comment as it served no useful purpose.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

dsucx New member | Level 2
    Mrleosir1 New member | Level 2
    OfficeInCT Collaborator | Level 9
    dropby Helpful | Level 6
    ggtello Helpful | Level 6
What do Dropbox user levels mean?