cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Storage Space

Looking for help with managing the storage space in your Dropbox account? Talk to the Dropbox Community and get advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No additional space on Business Advanced

No additional space on Business Advanced

ggtello
Helpful | Level 6

Dear community,

I'm here to advice that the support have been denying us additional space for two weeks, first telling us that there was a momentary problem, then that we had made a request before the 7 days, then again (after waiting 7 days) that there is a problem which however is not written by Nowhere.

We're really worried about that because they don't give us any timelines and the fact that the problem doesn't exist on the dropbox status page and that nobody else talks about it seems a bit suspicious.

I don't like writing these posts but we are really worried don't you think? Are any of you having similar problems? do they only have it with us?

615 Replies 615

DoctaK
New member | Level 2

Then why are you getting so butthurt over Dropbox then if you own all your storage and don't use the service ?

Shamrock22
Helpful | Level 7

box-com recently also came up with an unlimited plan with three users. 

It is even cheaper than Dropbox. They only have file-size-limit which rclone also handles.

They see money behind this, otherwise they wouldn't do this.

And they have the horders calculated in. This whole parade here by Tomato is helping with nothing only stirring up people with baseless acusations for no reason.

Tomato2515
Explorer | Level 4

It's not fair Dropbox was brought down for the honest paying customers by people wanting to hoard copies of movies and TV.

Tomato2515
Explorer | Level 4

Monthly API limit. Good luck. And hello from that rclone thread 🤔

DoctaK
New member | Level 2

I'm pretty sure they can fight this battle and don't need some random crying about a few datahoarders abusing the unlimited storage system. 

I hope you're sending the same to Box, Backblaze, and the other online storage solutions too.

Tomato2515
Explorer | Level 4

Yea, Dropbox will solve it by making you have to pay for more storage because these datahoarding plex pirates tried to upload petabytes of data. No business can survive with that going on. First Amazon Drive removed unlimited, then Google Workspace, now Dropbox. 😁

DoctaK
New member | Level 2

Are you sure you don't use the service?

You seem far too concerned with the future of Dropbox to just be an innocent bystander. 

Getting a little too caught up in the whole Plex encrypted datahoarder conspiracy for just being a average Joe who owns their storage to make it believable. 

Tomato2515
Explorer | Level 4

No Dropbox usage here: https://imgur.com/a/pk4VGpe

Dominus
Helpful | Level 6

Wait you don't even use Dropbox?  lol

Tomato2515
Explorer | Level 4

I'm simply alerting Dropbox and the legit customers as to WHY unlimited is going to go away. I've from the /r/datahoarder community and put two and two together: https://www.reddit.com/r/DataHoarder/comments/15eoyi4/dropbox_limits_as_much_space_as_you_need_to_1t...

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

dsucx New member | Level 2
    Mrleosir1 New member | Level 2
    OfficeInCT Collaborator | Level 9
    dropby Helpful | Level 6
    ggtello Helpful | Level 6
What do Dropbox user levels mean?