cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Storage Space

Looking for help with managing the storage space in your Dropbox account? Talk to the Dropbox Community and get advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: No additional space on Business Advanced

No additional space on Business Advanced

ggtello
Helpful | Level 6

Dear community,

I'm here to advice that the support have been denying us additional space for two weeks, first telling us that there was a momentary problem, then that we had made a request before the 7 days, then again (after waiting 7 days) that there is a problem which however is not written by Nowhere.

We're really worried about that because they don't give us any timelines and the fact that the problem doesn't exist on the dropbox status page and that nobody else talks about it seems a bit suspicious.

I don't like writing these posts but we are really worried don't you think? Are any of you having similar problems? do they only have it with us?

615 Replies 615

C Michael
Explorer | Level 4

I received an email this morning about the dreaded 11/27 migrations/transitions. After being told we have a year for larger amounts and five years for smaller amounts exceeding the 5tb/user, I receive a completely different statement. This is very concerning because now, after December 29, 2023, our team has 60 days before dropbox deletes the files in the account.

Has anyone else received this email and could shed some light on the subject? I have documentation of all the conversations that completely misrepresent this new informative email.

‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌  ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌  ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌  ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌  ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌  ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌  ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌  ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌  ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌  ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌  ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌  ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌  ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌  ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌  ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ 

We’re providing you with written notice per our contract requirements that your Dropbox Advanced plan will not renew, effective on your next renewal date after December 29, 2023. When this occurs, your team will go into locked state, and you will be able to view but not edit the files and folders in your Dropbox account. Once your team is in locked state, you’ll have 60 days to migrate your data, after which your data will be subject to deletion. We strongly encourage you to transfer your data out of Dropbox before this happens.

Per our previous email communications, in the period leading up to the end of your contract you will be transitioned to Dropbox Advanced’s updated storage policy. This transition will take place on November 27.

• Your price for Advanced will not change, and you will still be able to access your data.
  • Under our Advanced plan’s updated storage policy, three active licenses will receive 15TB of storage space shared by the team. Each additional active license will receive 5TB of storage, up to 1,000TB.
  • When your team transitions to this new plan, your account will likely be over quota.

Thank you,

The Dropbox team

cgi_ltd
Collaborator | Level 10
Do you have over 1,000TB?

clintwb
Helpful | Level 7
How much space do you have? We got a similar email but have our current storage level until next October 27th I think, then it gets kicked down to the almost worthless 5tb / year. So basically we have 11 months to migrate everything out.

But we are sub 175tb so maybe it’s a tired thing, or a case by case thing. I had some discussions with DB staff explaining how we used our data etc…

cgi_ltd
Collaborator | Level 10
Our e-mail we got put us on notice that our plan would change starting today. They took away 160TB of un-used storage and capped us at what we are currently using for storage, plus a measly +5TB. So, not only does this change remove un-used, already allocated space. It changes your current quota to what your currently "using" , regardless of how much space you have left. This is dirty Dropbox. Not only did you remove the plan, you removed space we had already been allocated.

My dislike for this company is growing.

clintwb
Helpful | Level 7
@cgi_ltd
So are you saying that if we, say delete 30TB of space out of our “new” quota, so that we can upload new data, they will be actually dropping us to a new lower quota?

My understanding is that we are now capped to what we were at on Oct 27th +5tb per user and then we could keep that as our new quota until next October.

cgi_ltd
Collaborator | Level 10
We had 160TB more space back in October, since then, we have added 90TB, but they reverted our space to what we had total LAST month, but the plan change was suppose to change today.

They should of recalculated our total storage as of today. We dropped from 560TB total of storage to 392TB, and because of the added data we uploaded, we are at 130% of storage and syncing has stopped.

The original blog they released said whatever we were allocated, we would be able to keep for a year. Not what we were actually storing on a specific date.

C Michael
Explorer | Level 4

No. I do have a lot, but it's not over 1000tb. It's really odd how they are doing things. Looking at their new updates to release notes though, it appears they are taking the exact steps google did. They don't seem to be original about these changes whatsoever, which in addition, is also seeming to create issues with some users. These changes and "new roll-outs" are very concerning and very manipulating by way where it's been explained to us.  This new direction they are taking is seeming to be the opposite of what they have been preparing us for.  I am highly disappointed in these business practices.

C Michael
Explorer | Level 4

I'd also like to add that upon checking my space available, it has just started displaying "0 bytes". There are files syncing up but they are being bandwidth restricted and running extremely slow at about 150kb/s. Last night I was just syncing about 50mb/s. Quite a change... 😞

clintwb
Helpful | Level 7
@cgi_ltd

We were told that they calculated the “new quota” based on Oct 27th amount of actual storage. And when it reverted today that’s how it went for us.

We were at 168 in October and went up to 174 but are back down to 168 now. Maybe luckily I anticipated the issue that would happen and pulled about 20 out last week just to be under that 168 in case that happened

cgi_ltd
Collaborator | Level 10
@clintwb

They should of recalculated the amount of storage based on the current usage on the migration date. To take someone's pool and reduce it by 160TB is ALOOT of data to just loose.
Need more support?