cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Storage Space

Looking for help with managing the storage space in your Dropbox account? Talk to the Dropbox Community and get advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

business advanced question.

No additional space on Business Advanced

ggtello
Helpful | Level 6

Dear community,

I'm here to advice that the support have been denying us additional space for two weeks, first telling us that there was a momentary problem, then that we had made a request before the 7 days, then again (after waiting 7 days) that there is a problem which however is not written by Nowhere.

We're really worried about that because they don't give us any timelines and the fact that the problem doesn't exist on the dropbox status page and that nobody else talks about it seems a bit suspicious.

I don't like writing these posts but we are really worried don't you think? Are any of you having similar problems? do they only have it with us?

615 Replies 615

cgi_ltd
Collaborator | Level 10
Did you move to the Big B?

Niitr0
Experienced | Level 12
I sent an email to dropbox support, never had an answer, I don't know about you

mtepper27
New member | Level 2
Business Advanced maxes out at 1000tb, correct?

And does it cost additional to add more TB after the first 15tb?

DBXCommunity
Community Manager

Hi @mtepper27,

Starting last Thursday, August 24, 2023, customers who purchase a Dropbox Advanced plan with a minimum of three active licenses will receive 15TB of storage space shared by the team. Each additional actively used license will receive 5TB of storage, up to 1,000TB total for the account. You can view pricing on the Plans page. To save you a click, each additional license costs $24/month billed annually, or $30/month billed yearly.

If you need more space for your team after purchasing licenses, you can add additional space at $10/TB/month billed monthly, or $8/TB/month billed annually.

Niitr0
Experienced | Level 12
What does it mean to bill monthly? If 1 month I don't need more storage, how much will I pay?

Eldon McGuinness
Collaborator | Level 9

@DBXCommunity, any chance you could address this inquiry? I think this pretty much sums up what I and those I consult with need to know. I've tried the chat and support lines, but not luck getting a solid reply.

At the risk of sounding like a broken record here. I think the major hang-up is what will happen to people's data after the 1 year or 5 years. What will be the worst-case scenario if a team/company does not want to pay more for the storage they already have?

Let me put two examples out there, which seem to have been mentioned here on this thread:

1. A company has 3 licenses and is using more than 5TB of storage per license, but less than 35TB per license, for the sake this post, let us say they are using a total of 60TB (20TB/license). From what the blog is saying, or at least my understanding, they will have 5 years of service at their current storage allotment plus an additional 5TB (for a total of 65TB) and priced at (90$USD/month). Now the big question is what happens after 5 years, in this situation the de facto new billing, it seems, would be 30$USD/month/per license, for a total of 90$USD/month, which would get the account 15TB of storage plus another 50TB of add-on storage for 500$USD/month (50TB x 10$USD). This would mean that company, in five years, would be paying 590$USD/month for the same 65TB of storage, correct?

2. A company has 3 licenses and is using more than 35TB of storage per license, for the sake of this post, let us say they are using a total of 300TB (100TB/license). From what the blog is saying, or at least my understanding, they will have 1 year of service at their current storage allotment plus an additional 5TB (for a total of 305TB) and priced at (90$USD/month). Now the big question is what happens after 1 year, in this situation the de facto new billing, it seems, would be 30$USD/month/per license, for a total of 90$USD/month, which would get the account 15TB of usage plus another 290TB of add-on storage for 2,900$USD/month. This would mean that company, in one year, would be paying 2,990$USD/month for the same 305TB of storage, correct?

In either of the above cases, what happens if a team/company does not want to pay more than the amount they initially signed up for? If both of the companies above do not want to pay more, will they lose access to their data? Will, they retain access to the data allotment they have, but no longer be eligible for storage increases? I understand that the answer being quoted is "we will work with you", but we need to know sooner, rather than later, what that means, especially the worst-case scenarios of maximum cost and refusal to pay more.

These are the kinds of answers business managers and consultants need to give answers to our higher-ups which are not happy with a hands-off, wait-and-see approach that Dropbox is having at the moment. Again, we all understand that you can only give the information you have, but I think we can assume this has been coming down the pipeline for at least two months, so there is no reason not to have a better answer at this time. For those of us that are using the storage legitimately, not for crypto or chia mining (whatever this is?), this is a huge shock. I can tell you that a company I am working with just spent a fair bit of money on egress traffic to have a lot of data uploaded to Dropbox only to now see this change and have their promised data storage solution upended.

DBXCommunity
Community Manager

Hi @Niitr0 

If you need to purchase additional storage as needed, you will be able to do so, but the storage expansion will not automatically expire after a month. You will be charged $10/TB/month, with those charges repeating monthly (or $8/TB/month if purchased annually, with charges repeating annually). You will be able to manage the storage expansion that you purchase.

Niitr0
Experienced | Level 12
I understood correctly, but what I mean let's admit in November I take 5 to additional or 50 euros, in December I will not pay them back, I will stay at 77 euros of the normal price?

Eldon McGuinness
Collaborator | Level 9

@Niitr0 data expansion packs are a reoccurring charge. If you bought 5TB of space for 50€ then you will be paying that each month you have the extra space at your disposal. So, if your bill now is 77€ and you ask for 5TB, assuming this is not the 5TB they Dropbox is allowing each account as a onetime offer, then your new bill would be 127€/month. (77€ + 5x10€) per month.

I actually have a nice little what-if post back a couple of pages that poses a couple scenarios, like this, but it has been ignored for some reason.

Niitr0
Experienced | Level 12
Are you on? I think the additional TO was for purchase so payment only when you need it
Need more support?