cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Storage Space

Looking for help with managing the storage space in your Dropbox account? Talk to the Dropbox Community and get advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Dropbox Advanced

No additional space on Business Advanced

ggtello
Helpful | Level 6

Dear community,

I'm here to advice that the support have been denying us additional space for two weeks, first telling us that there was a momentary problem, then that we had made a request before the 7 days, then again (after waiting 7 days) that there is a problem which however is not written by Nowhere.

We're really worried about that because they don't give us any timelines and the fact that the problem doesn't exist on the dropbox status page and that nobody else talks about it seems a bit suspicious.

I don't like writing these posts but we are really worried don't you think? Are any of you having similar problems? do they only have it with us?

615 Replies 615

sphensilhagen
Helpful | Level 6

Hi @DBXCommunity - some wording in the blog post is confusing. We have 20 legitimate users and are stuck at 46 TB quota.

Customers using less than 35TB of storage per license—over 99% of Advanced customers—will be able to keep the total amount of storage their team is using at the time they’re notified, plus an additional 5TB credit of pooled storage, for five years at no additional charge to their existing plan. 

The above statement makes us think we will be increased to 51 TB (46 + 5) before we would have to incur extra cost. But this other statement:

Starting today, customers who purchase a Dropbox Advanced plan with three active licenses will receive 15TB of storage space shared by the team—enough space to store about 100 million documents, 4 million photos or 7500 hours of HD video. Each additional active license will receive 5TB of storage.  

would make us eligible for 100TB  (15 + 17*5) on our account before incurring extra cost. Which is it? And as a long time customer if it is the first why would we be penalized?

VM Khan
Helpful | Level 6

Hi @DBXCommunity 

I think new business customers will consider using Google Workspace Enterprise Plus instead of Dropbox Advance.
Because G.Workspace has 5TB pool/user. And increase 5TB pool/user every 90 days.
And I'm using with 20TB pool/user. With 10 users, I have 200TB in Google Workspace Enterprise Plus. And will continue to increase 5TB/user every 90 days.

In the new dropbox policy. I don't think there's much reason to stay with 5TB/user.

Previously I was hoping, dropbox would be limited to 35-50TB/user. and we will increase the storage by adding new user.
I am really disappointed by the new policy.

Shamrock22
Helpful | Level 7

I hope you grant the 35 TB per User for old accounts.

This would actually be still adequate for our business.  

But at the moment we are in low 20TB capacity for _the whole company/account_, which is not a good price at all. 

Niitr0
Experienced | Level 12
Ok so if I understood correctly, I can keep my 150 tb for 77€ per month, if I want to add 5to I will pay 5x10€. So 77+ 5x10 every month or just the month or I ask for this increase?

Colek
Helpful | Level 6

Will you be offering full refund for all months that we've been subscribed with this "as much storage as you need" principle?

We've been migrating to your cloud for few months now, patiently waiting for our storage quota to be extended when you've told us we needed to wait.

Now, we are not done migrating and we need to migrate once again from Dropbox to new service because of your policy change - this is riddiculous.

VM Khan
Helpful | Level 6

I offered to support before moving to dropbox.
Spending a lot of time on dropbox. Now have to move.

I will probably also ask for a full refund.
Previously dropbox support also told me this. But I still hope to wait to continue

DBXCommunity
Community Manager

@sphensilhagen For account-specific questions, we would need to speak to you in a support ticket. I can reach out to you via email or, if you prefer, you can contact us via the Support page.

@Niitr0 Correct, existing users will keep their current storage and will be able to add on storage in November. The price of $10/month per TB will increase your storage with a monthly billing cycle that will renew automatically. It will not expire after a month, and you will be able to purchase more space as needed up to the account limit of 1000TB.

@Colek and @VM Khan Refund inquiries and requests need to be made via Dropbox Support. I can reach out via email to open a Support ticket, or you can contact Dropbox Support directly if you prefer.

Niitr0
Experienced | Level 12
Ok, it's clearer, so how does the payment go for the 5TB? Is it a second billing?

Thunder1
Helpful | Level 5
@DBXCommunity

Is the 35 TB Limit applied per User ?
Example: I got 3 Users. Lets say one User has a usage of 5TB, one of 60TB and one of 30TB.
Will this be a Problem, because one User Is overutilising the storage or am I free to distribute the Storage ( in this case 35TB x3 = 105TB) between the users as I like?

And what will happen with Accounts using more than this storage quota? The Blog Post Is a bit vague. Will it be possible to downsize below said storage quota to be eligble for the 35TB per user plus 5TB?

DBXCommunity
Community Manager

Hi @Niitr0,

The additional 5TB of pooled storage is provided at no extra charge to your current plan, up to a maximum of 5 years.

Need more support?