cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Storage Space

Looking for help with managing the storage space in your Dropbox account? Talk to the Dropbox Community and get advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Storage Limits in Advanced Plan

No additional space on Business Advanced

ggtello
Helpful | Level 6

Dear community,

I'm here to advice that the support have been denying us additional space for two weeks, first telling us that there was a momentary problem, then that we had made a request before the 7 days, then again (after waiting 7 days) that there is a problem which however is not written by Nowhere.

We're really worried about that because they don't give us any timelines and the fact that the problem doesn't exist on the dropbox status page and that nobody else talks about it seems a bit suspicious.

I don't like writing these posts but we are really worried don't you think? Are any of you having similar problems? do they only have it with us?

615 Replies 615

xDR21
New member | Level 2

Hasn't this been going on for a couple of months already? How long does it take a multi billion dollar company to "analyze" the problem lol.

Niitr0
Experienced | Level 12
We agree with you, unfortunately as you could see on the topic, no response from the staff here..., yet we are 30 pages away...

pete_
Helpful | Level 6

moderators also stopped commenting as it seems that they don't get transparent information on the overall situation.

the strange issue, that dropbox continues falsely promoting and selling their services will have the effect that customers lost trust in the company delivering any kind of reliable services at all.

from support team the ulitmate solution to completely cancel the account and services remains as the only  valid and reliable solution.

Niitr0
Experienced | Level 12
It's simply to prove them right...

cespa92
Helpful | Level 6
Has chat support been disabled or is it just my account?

ggtello
Helpful | Level 6

@cespa92  seems disabled globally

Niitr0
Experienced | Level 12
Lol, serious things will begin!

cespa92
Helpful | Level 6

I requested a call, and when I told the support guy that the chat was not working he said it's a problem with my computer because the funny thing is that the sales chat is working.... Worse things to come?? 😅

murbanvideo
Helpful | Level 5
My advanced plan (3 users) stopped at 28 TB today. Says to contact Dropbox admins for more space. Chat isn’t working. You click the link to chat and nothing happens. After reading this thread it appears Dropbox had an influx of advanced users and can’t handle the requests for space. This “as much space as you need” always seemed too good to be true. Dropbox did always seem a bit shady to me just in the way support chats with you and they never send emails will policy changes. I’m paying $100 per month for this service and have now learned they’ve capped space and will only add a max of 1TB per month. So I’m paying $100 for 12TB of new storage per year. $100 per TB. Definitely feel lied to. I’m looking into other backup options for my video files and I’ll be requesting a full refund from Dropbox…once the chat is back up

Niitr0
Experienced | Level 12
You should have asked him if the storage limit was due to your computer too lol
Need more support?