cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Storage Space

Looking for help with managing the storage space in your Dropbox account? Talk to the Dropbox Community and get advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Storage Limits in Advanced Plan

No additional space on Business Advanced

ggtello
Helpful | Level 6

Dear community,

I'm here to advice that the support have been denying us additional space for two weeks, first telling us that there was a momentary problem, then that we had made a request before the 7 days, then again (after waiting 7 days) that there is a problem which however is not written by Nowhere.

We're really worried about that because they don't give us any timelines and the fact that the problem doesn't exist on the dropbox status page and that nobody else talks about it seems a bit suspicious.

I don't like writing these posts but we are really worried don't you think? Are any of you having similar problems? do they only have it with us?

615 Replies 615

cgi_ltd
Collaborator | Level 10
Let me know if you get a reply. I replied almost instantly and haven't heard anything yet

Niitr0
Experienced | Level 12
it's 1 tb per month, or so it has changed again...

cgi_ltd
Collaborator | Level 10
It's been 1TB month for over a month now. Before that it was 10TB/week. Before that, it was as much as you asked for. People who joined early were lucky enough to get all the space they needed, even some over 1PB, before they hit the brakes on everyone. If you already had the storage issued to you before the cutoff, you get to keep it.

Niitr0
Experienced | Level 12
I know, but I see messages "1 to every two months", I don't understand

WestsideStudios
Explorer | Level 4

Hi all, after consulting with a sales employee who ensured me, that "as much storage as I need" means "unlimited storage", I purchased Dropbox Advanced (now only 3 users for now). Now I started uploading data (intending to use Dropbox as backup for corporate data) and it stops after roughly 5 TB, telling me that I am out of space. When I log into another of the accounts: same thing. 

Now I text the support and they say that I can only increase the storage by 1TB per month and user?? That is VERY far away from the claim "as much storage as you need". Is it really that way? Why is Dropbox wasting my time with false Advertisements?

pete_
Helpful | Level 6

sounds familiar and this situation has been described multiple times in this thread.

Niitr0
Experienced | Level 12
Hello, Yes, unfortunately the dropbox speech is not in line with the current facts...

xDR21
New member | Level 2

Would anyone consider contributing around $200 to a joint fund for legal representation, with the aim of addressing concerns about Dropbox's adherence to their terms and business agreement? If we can gather support from 20 to 30 individuals, we can retain a lawyer to begin the necessary paperwork.

I estimate that $10,000 should suffice to prepare the lawsuit and present it to Dropbox, in the hope that they might swiftly come to a resolution and uphold the promise of "as much storage as needed" for the involved parties.

Between all of us, we should have enough evidence between dropbox employee convos and the listing on the website that will be sufficient for breach of contract on dropbox end.

Rootax
Helpful | Level 7
Or just wait a few weeks ? The official line is still "we're working on it" , no ? If so, no lawsuit will be taken seriously...

Niitr0
Experienced | Level 12
Exactly, the problem is still being analyzed by the dropbox teams
Need more support?