cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Storage Space

Looking for help with managing the storage space in your Dropbox account? Talk to the Dropbox Community and get advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Space Limitiation 1 tera for month

No additional space on Business Advanced

ggtello
Helpful | Level 6

Dear community,

I'm here to advice that the support have been denying us additional space for two weeks, first telling us that there was a momentary problem, then that we had made a request before the 7 days, then again (after waiting 7 days) that there is a problem which however is not written by Nowhere.

We're really worried about that because they don't give us any timelines and the fact that the problem doesn't exist on the dropbox status page and that nobody else talks about it seems a bit suspicious.

I don't like writing these posts but we are really worried don't you think? Are any of you having similar problems? do they only have it with us?

615 Replies 615

Niitr0
Experienced | Level 12
$20? What is the package?

cgi_ltd
Collaborator | Level 10
The standard business plan with a 5gb single file limit. Minimum of 3 users required, but every is allocated "unlimited " space, but when you login to the mobile app, you see you max storage as a little over 900TB per user. The single file limit is easily handled with rclone chunker, it will split any file above 5gb into "chunks" and when you goto read the file, it sees it as 1 big file.

Niitr0
Experienced | Level 12
Indeed, it can be a good alternative. Once the limit of 900 tb is used, what does it happen?

cgi_ltd
Collaborator | Level 10
IDK, but, remember that it is per USER not per account. Each user is basically given 1PB of storage. 3 users gets you 3 PB of storage, if each of them use up their 900tb. They may start looking at your account if you only have 3 users and are storing 3pb of data tho lol

Niitr0
Experienced | Level 12
I'm going to think a little more lol, but if DB continues like this it's not possible to continue like that 12 to a year for the price to pay ...., 1 pb per user it's more than enough!

Niitr0
Experienced | Level 12
Would you have a tutorial to connect box.com to rclone because I get an error when I try to connect. In addition, how to add chunky once the connection is made?

homeagent
Helpful | Level 6

@Niitr0  @cgi_ltd 

Hi,

how to add chunky once the connection is made?
Is it possible to have a complete guide on how to configure the service to automatically split files and how to see them whole?

Thank you!

pete_
Helpful | Level 6

sure that you want to discuss box setup and issues in the dropbox forum?

dropbox has major issues in delivering what they still keep falsely promoting and selling to their customers! - to resolve this should be the main focus in the dropbox forum.

Niitr0
Experienced | Level 12
For the moment drobpox ignore its customers...

Duncan Macintyre
Helpful | Level 6

I agree with Nitr0: as long as Dropbox Support continues to ignore its customers, and refrain from addressing any of the issues with its own service brought up in this forum and elsewhere, it makes perfect sense for us customers to assume that the problems are serious enough to threaten continuity of service and consider options like Box.  

Need more support?