cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Storage Space

Looking for help with managing the storage space in your Dropbox account? Talk to the Dropbox Community and get advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Space Limitiation 1 tera for month--Dropbox FRAUD

No additional space on Business Advanced

ggtello
Helpful | Level 6

Dear community,

I'm here to advice that the support have been denying us additional space for two weeks, first telling us that there was a momentary problem, then that we had made a request before the 7 days, then again (after waiting 7 days) that there is a problem which however is not written by Nowhere.

We're really worried about that because they don't give us any timelines and the fact that the problem doesn't exist on the dropbox status page and that nobody else talks about it seems a bit suspicious.

I don't like writing these posts but we are really worried don't you think? Are any of you having similar problems? do they only have it with us?

615 Replies 615

Palm Tree Studio
New member | Level 2

When I got the business advance plan at begining this year, I thought it was unlimited storage. Now they are restricted us for 1tb PER month...

I tried to contact the sales department, Joe the sales told us the enterprise plan yearly is going to be $900+. Then I find out the business advance plan I paid was 1200$+ a year. So I told him we are happy to go to the enterprise...

Then he disappeared(NO RESPONSE TO MY EMAILS)! We got stuck! Right now the business advance plan does not allow us to upload anymore....and we have no way to upgrade....My business is stopped working for a week now...

CAN SOMEONE HELP ME!!!! 

dave0
New member | Level 2

Hello,

I'm currently using the Business Advanced plan.
Not long ago, I was limited to 10TB every two weeks, but now I'm limited to 1TB per month.

Initially, I was told this was a temporary policy, but I'm still getting the same answer without any further information being shared.
I'm starting to doubt whether calling it a "temporary policy" was indeed truthful.

Does anyone have any other information related to this policy?

Thank you.

HWG-1
Collaborator | Level 10

@Palm Tree Studio 

All Advance business customers become at the moment max 1 TB per month.

cgi_ltd
Collaborator | Level 10
It fluctuates quite a bit, but usually with 8 transfers I maintain 40-50 MB/sec. It does occasionally slow down to 20 MB/s total, but within a few minutes goes back to 50 MB/s. Yes it's slower then DB, but for a tool that doesn't use your API calls, it's worth it. We have 160TB among 6 users now.

Duncan Macintyre
Helpful | Level 6

I have used Dropbox Business for ten years, since the beginning. I was using just over 29TB on a Business Standard (with grandfathered add-ons). I checked with Support to make sure I would really get unlimited storage with Dropbox Business Advanced, and they assured me I would. So I upgraded.

The next day, August 4, I got email from Dropbox saying I had been allocated an "additional" 25TBs. I didn't understand what this meant, but I thought "whatever." Then August 14, I got a similar email saying I had been allocated an "additional" 4TBs. So whatever I had to begin with, that makes at least 29TB. Again, I thought "whatever--I thought storage was unlimited, but as long as it continues to work, fine."

Then, boom, 18 hours ago, my Dropbox stops syncing. My business operations are deeply compromised. The web interface now shows that my "quota" is 12TB. WTF is a "quota" on an "unlimited" plan. Well it's fraud.

Phone support is not working. The interface shows they are calling me, but I get no call. (I have used phone support in the past.)

Chat support says they have escalated my issue to their advanced team, who will get back to by email "as soon as possible". Various chat agents peddle various stories. The discrepancies prove the company's dishonesty. Among the stories is that they need to allocate storage "reasonably" and "responsibly". So having used Dropbox for 10 years, recently using 29TB, now all of a sudden after paying for an unlimited plan, I'm being unreasonable and irresponsible if I use more than 12TB.

Dropbox is now my #1 business problem. Nice customer retention strategy, you idiots.

WTF, Dropbox?

HWG-1
Collaborator | Level 10

When you make more Storage with a little bit slower Speed, go to box.com. You become more than 900 TB.

HWG-1
Collaborator | Level 10

@cgi_ltd 

Yeah,  i have chance my Upload Tool and Load all from dbox to box direct with rclone "copy" command.

28 threads/file = 60 up 100 MB's 😁

Richard Eltink
Explorer | Level 4
Whats the speed what you get on box, i have 1gbit line.

On GDrive n DBox i get full speed, never used box.

Niitr0
Experienced | Level 12
What bothers me with box is the download limit, isn't there a way to get around this problem? Because 50 gb is fair

Duncan Macintyre
Helpful | Level 6

Hey Dropbox Advanced Support,

How about responding to my post? 

Or will you rather continue to defraud me in silence?

Duncan Macintyre

Need more support?