cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Storage Space

Looking for help with managing the storage space in your Dropbox account? Talk to the Dropbox Community and get advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1TB/Month on Advanced

No additional space on Business Advanced

ggtello
Helpful | Level 6

Dear community,

I'm here to advice that the support have been denying us additional space for two weeks, first telling us that there was a momentary problem, then that we had made a request before the 7 days, then again (after waiting 7 days) that there is a problem which however is not written by Nowhere.

We're really worried about that because they don't give us any timelines and the fact that the problem doesn't exist on the dropbox status page and that nobody else talks about it seems a bit suspicious.

I don't like writing these posts but we are really worried don't you think? Are any of you having similar problems? do they only have it with us?

615 Replies 615

Rich
Super User II

@Richard Eltink wrote:

But I'm now stuck at 30TB and I did not got more space, why? its says that I have unlimited space but that is not true.

It is unlimited, and it is automatic up to a point (which you've likely reached). Beyond that limit you just need to contact Support to have your storage expanded.

pete_
Helpful | Level 6

9/10 TB per week is far from "unlimited" or "as much space as you need" as promoted.

so be careful before you subscribe to the promoted subscriptions as they do not offer any kind of unlimited storage at the moment.

Collection-of-Letters
Helpful | Level 5

2 weeks ago I have subscribed for the Dropbox Advanced as was sold the lie of "as much storage as you need". Initially it was going up nicely and my 100TB was migrating nicely. The last week it seems I hit a hard cap and support told me that they are allowed to assign only 10TB/week. While I was not happy, I understood that it was a temporary measure and came to terms with it. Today I went in to chat to Support for the weekly quota and was told that now it is only 1TB/month. I mean, rather than improving things are going for the worse. Anyways it is looking more and more like a ripoff company with a ripoff product

Mark
Super User II

Being honest here @Collection-of-Letters Dropbox support dont seem to know what they are doing as every person who messages is being told something else. 

It may be worth trying again and see what happens. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

SirHenryTheNerd
Helpful | Level 5

Support just told me the unlimited plan was dropped to 1 TB increase per month.

They will add some kind of "AddOn" tomorrow as a paid option.

Collection-of-Letters
Helpful | Level 5

Fair point, I guess might as well, though if it's really 1TB/month am out of here 🙂

therobbiedavis
Helpful | Level 6
“ They will add some kind of "AddOn" tomorrow as a paid option.”
Is that personal speculation or what support told you.

SirHenryTheNerd
Helpful | Level 5

Just telling what support told me in the chat.

benhum
Helpful | Level 6

I'm looking at the current (UK) pricing page: https://www.dropbox.com/en_GB/plans

Has the description always read "As much space as needed, once purchased"?

Rootax
Helpful | Level 7
Yes. Before purchasing, you can't ask for more storage.
Need more support?