cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Storage Space

Looking for help with managing the storage space in your Dropbox account? Talk to the Dropbox Community and get advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: No additional space on Business Advanced

No additional space on Business Advanced

ggtello
Helpful | Level 6

Dear community,

I'm here to advice that the support have been denying us additional space for two weeks, first telling us that there was a momentary problem, then that we had made a request before the 7 days, then again (after waiting 7 days) that there is a problem which however is not written by Nowhere.

We're really worried about that because they don't give us any timelines and the fact that the problem doesn't exist on the dropbox status page and that nobody else talks about it seems a bit suspicious.

I don't like writing these posts but we are really worried don't you think? Are any of you having similar problems? do they only have it with us?

615 Replies 615

gandalf76
Helpful | Level 6

but is it true that they give you 10 TB every 7 days?
speaking with the assistance I was able to understand this, but I have recently had this problem so I wanted to know something from those who have had this problem for the longest time.

nova kim
Helpful | Level 5

That's TRUE.

During the past three weeks, other requests were ignored as the engineer were working on resolving the issue. However, if the request is made on Thursday or Friday, they would increase the storage capacity by 10TB.

cespa92
Helpful | Level 6

As of today I join the club, only excuses, and absent support, they do not keep their word Dropbox

yossarian82
Helpful | Level 6

The same is happening to our team. No more space since one week for technical issues. Maybe they're really having technical issues, even though they don't provide a timeframe for the solution...

cespa92
Helpful | Level 6

Yes, and my subscription started recently, very bad of dropbox to accept more customers being aware that they already had problems.

dirtyharryhh
Helpful | Level 5
Same for me here, no real reply but only excuses…

cgi_ltd
Collaborator | Level 10

We have a team of 10 users, we have been getting told their are "issues" for almost 3 weeks now. Support has told me that they can only do 10TB every 7 days. When we first joined, we were getting 100TB increments added as we migrated users over. We have 60+ users to go and had to stop our migration due to this issue. As a team we are looking at either box or OneDrive business. This company is a STORAGE provider, there is no way there has been an issue this long and they have not been able to fix it. They probably have more people working in their data centers then they do their office, no excuse. Dropbox's loss really, we were migrating 70+ users @ $30/mo. Do the math on that, they are loosing us as a valuable customers because we can't get a straight answer out of them to finish our migration.  Box was kind enough to set us up on an Enterprise trial for free, to test it out, and while their public api is slower the DB's...it's still not bad. Most of our users get 50-70 megabytes per second, and some are getting full gigabit upload speeds. With box, you don't have to request more storage, it's just straight up unlimited. 

Rootax
Helpful | Level 7
I would say that box is unlimited for now. If they got a massive afflux from drive and dropbox, it will be hard on them too for a few weeks/months imo.

dirtyharryhh
Helpful | Level 5
How is rclone copy speed with box?

Shamrock22
Helpful | Level 7

Our team now also in the club 😟

Chat is not working and support is not writing back. 

This is pretty disappointing really.

Need more support?