cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Storage Space

Looking for help with managing the storage space in your Dropbox account? Talk to the Dropbox Community and get advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Technical problem adding space to my account

No additional space on Business Advanced

ggtello
Helpful | Level 6

Dear community,

I'm here to advice that the support have been denying us additional space for two weeks, first telling us that there was a momentary problem, then that we had made a request before the 7 days, then again (after waiting 7 days) that there is a problem which however is not written by Nowhere.

We're really worried about that because they don't give us any timelines and the fact that the problem doesn't exist on the dropbox status page and that nobody else talks about it seems a bit suspicious.

I don't like writing these posts but we are really worried don't you think? Are any of you having similar problems? do they only have it with us?

615 Replies 615

homeagent
Helpful | Level 6

same problem, Dropbox Business Advanced I ran out of available space and the assistance doesn't add more space... at this point we can say that drop box is making false claims by selling a plan with unlimited space, it's time to contact the sector magazines and the competent authorities to report.

asark
New member | Level 2

Same here.  It's time to ask for refund and switch to other providers like box.com

VM Khan
Helpful | Level 6

box.com limits the API. I don't know any other service

Robertus
Explorer | Level 4

Dropbox must add space when we ask for that!

WE PAID FOR THIS!

onlyone311
Explorer | Level 4

same case, i think dropbox does not have the structure to bring unlimited space to the accounts they offer, they only excuses with our engineers know the problem and are working to fix it

1qw2
New member | Level 2

same here too.
some people have written on the forum that this problem has been experienced for 2 weeks. thats horrible.

Is there a government agency where we can complain dropbox in US?

jmbn
Helpful | Level 5
Another one bites the dust.

If they told me to from the beginning then maybe I wouldn't have bothered subscribing to their service and depending weeks migrating data for nothing

ggtello
Helpful | Level 6
True story

Rootax
Helpful | Level 7

I would guess the gdrive migration hurt them a lot, so they're working on adding more storage, at a faster pace than usual, and during these time, they can't add xxx tb of storage at once for users/teams. I don't doubt they will land on their feet when the rush is absorbed. In the mean time, you can still vote with your wallet I guess, ask for refund and go elsewhere ? Can OneDrive Business be a solution ?

nova kim
Helpful | Level 5

Our group has the exactly same problem about 2 weeks ago.

It's very annoying.

Need more support?