cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
If you’ve changed your email address, now's the perfect time to update it on your Dropbox account and we’re here to help! Learn more here.

Storage Space

Looking for help with managing the storage space in your Dropbox account? Talk to the Dropbox Community and get advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My quota on my account account has been reduced, why?

My quota on my account account has been reduced, why?

theduke99
New member | Level 2

I had 106.25 Gig space since the beginning since i brought several people to Dropbox. That was my bonus. Now I get a message that my Dropbox is only 6.25 Gig's and I have 12.33 Gig used. 

Let me know if you need a screenshot to prove it.

Please advise

2 Replies 2

Rich
Super User II

@theduke99 wrote:

I had 106.25 Gig space since the beginning since i brought several people to Dropbox. That was my bonus. Now I get a message that my Dropbox is only 6.25 Gig's and I have 12.33 Gig used.

Are you sure about having 106GB of space? The most space that you can earn through referrals is 16GB on a free account, and 32GB on a paid account. This is how it's always been, though there were other time limited ways to earn a some space as well.

Referral space is permanent and Dropbox doesn't remove it (unless it was earned in a fraudulent manner), but other types of bonus space, such as from mobile or computer purchases, do expire.

Your Referrals page will show you a list of all the space you've earned along with that which has expired. Also, check your Plan page and take a screenshot of your actual usage and post it here.

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Hi @theduke99, thanks for bringing this to our attention.

At most, if you were referring people to Dropbox, you could earn 16 GB in total, not 100 GB.

Is it possible that you enabled a promotional offer that came with a laptop you purchased? Are you able to see any offers on this page?

This will help me to assist further!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Jay Dropbox Staff
    Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?