cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
If you’ve changed your email address, now's the perfect time to update it on your Dropbox account and we’re here to help! Learn more here.

Storage Space

Looking for help with managing the storage space in your Dropbox account? Talk to the Dropbox Community and get advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Dropbox Business account shows a quota discrepancy and I'm not getting help.

My Dropbox Business account shows a quota discrepancy and I'm not getting help.

lunks
New member | Level 2

Screenshot 2024-06-18 at 00.08.00.jpg

In May 2022, I moved my 60TB of important data to Dropbox, believing their promise of unlimited storage. This decision came after rumors that Google might end their unlimited storage option. Transitioning to Dropbox was challenging; I even had to change how files were named because of Dropbox's limitations. After some effort, I finally got all my data uploaded.

However, my relief was short-lived. By November 2023, Dropbox announced the end of their unlimited storage plans. Despite this change, I decided to stay because the service still seemed valuable. But soon, I faced a serious issue. My account showed conflicting information: one part said I was using 93TB of my 109TB limit, which was fine, but another claimed I was using 130TB, which made no sense and blocked me from uploading more files.

Screenshot 2024-06-17 at 23.32.45.jpg

This discrepancy stemmed from an old upload that I had cancelled and deleted. When I contacted Dropbox support for help, they were initially responsive. They discovered the cause of the error but then became less helpful. Despite my repeated attempts to resolve the problem, all I received were automated responses and one particularly confusing email that claimed the issue was resolved when it clearly wasn't.

It's been two months since I first reached out for help, and I'm still stuck. I'm paying for a service I can't fully use because of a mistake on their end that they haven't fixed. My experience has shown me that Dropbox might not be a reliable place to store my data anymore. They seem unable to manage serious issues effectively.

Screenshot 2024-06-17 at 23.39.41.jpg

This story is a warning to others who rely on cloud storage: the service is only as good as the support behind it. We need to be able to trust these services not just to store our data but also to help us when things go wrong.

Dropbox haven't fixed the issue yet. I hope this story pushes them to resolve the problem and take better care of their customers.

1 Reply 1

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

Hey @lunks, I’m sorry to hear about your experience with this. 

As you’ve been in touch with our support team, I had a look into our system and found your ticket. 

I can see that our advanced team is working on your case, so I’ve also gone ahead and left them an internal note on your behalf to get back to you sooner. 

Feel free to ping me, if you need something else.

Nancy
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Nancy Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?