cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Storage Space

Looking for help with managing the storage space in your Dropbox account? Talk to the Dropbox Community and get advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incorrect storage space emails. I'm only using some MB not 1GB.

Incorrect storage space emails. I'm only using some MB not 1GB.

Brianm7
New member | Level 2

I keep getting email messages saying I've used 1GB of my 2GB storage.  This is wrong for two reasons.  First, I've only 96MB and 2nd, I have 7GBs of space available.  How do I fix these messages

9 Replies 9

Здравко
Legendary | Level 20

@Brianm7 wrote:

...  How do I fix these messages

Hi @Brianm7,

Take a look on your "wrong" email you have received and on you account general settings simultaneously. Does your address in the email match exactly that in your account setting (including dots or other punctuation)? 😉

Hope this gives direction.

Brianm7
New member | Level 2

Yes, it matches.  That was the first thing I checked.

Здравко
Legendary | Level 20

I doubt you were careful enough. Keep in mind that emails like "my.email@example.com", "mye.mail@example.com", "my.e.mail@example.com", etc. (sometimes even like "myemail@myexample.com") may be received by same mailbox (e.g. yours), but in Dropbox they mean different accounts! Take a look once again more carefully everywhere you may have put versions of your email address that differ (all such versions are valid emails though and you will receive all of them on the same place). 🙂 Don't hurry!

Good luck.

Brianm7
New member | Level 2

LOL, this is just not helpful.  I only have one dropbox account and checked the email several times.  It's legit and I received two of them.  So.... Is there anyone else that can actually offer a solution here?

Rich
Super User II

@Brianm7 wrote:

I keep getting email messages saying I've used 1GB of my 2GB storage.  This is wrong for two reasons.  First, I've only 96MB and 2nd, I have 7GBs of space available.

Have you checked your Backups page? If so and there's nothing there, take a screenshot of your usage from your Plan page and post it here. It should look like this:

Space Usage.png

Brianm7
New member | Level 2

I don't have any backups and this is my space usage:

Brianm7_0-1725893399624.png

Rich
Super User II

@Brianm7 wrote:

I don't have any backups and this is my space usage:

And you're certain that the messages are arriving to the same email address that's used for the account that you're signed in to? It matches the email address that you see on this page?

Have you disabled the notification for when you're running out of space?

Brianm7
New member | Level 2

For the third time, 100%

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hey @Brianm7, would you mind sending us a screenshot of the email you received, in order for us to have a visual? 

Just make sure to hide your personal info, and email address from the screenshot. 

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Megan Dropbox Staff
    Brianm7 New member | Level 2
    Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?