cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Storage Space

Looking for help with managing the storage space in your Dropbox account? Talk to the Dropbox Community and get advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If I upgrade to Plus, how much space can I get from referrals, and how many devices can I connect?

If I upgrade to Plus, how much space can I get from referrals, and how many devices can I connect?

Richardo
Explorer | Level 4

Good afternoon! I apologize for the trouble. I would like to have information about the space that can be acquired by inviting friends to join Dropbox. I have seen that with a basic account the maximum space obtainable is 18 gb, while for plus accounts it is possible to obtain 32 gb. So I wanted to know if I had to make the plus account and then invite many people up to 32 GB, once the subscription was removed, would I lose the acquired space? Another thing I wanted to ask, I saw that there are 3 devices that can be synchronized, but I have an iPhone, an iPad, an iMac and a MacBook Pro, so I have a dropbox device. is it possible to sync 4 devices instead of 3? It's an absurd limitation.

1 Reply 1

Rich
Super User II

@Richardo wrote:

So I wanted to know if I had to make the plus account and then invite many people up to 32 GB, once the subscription was removed, would I lose the acquired space?

A Basic account includes 2GB of space to start. With the Referral program you can earn up to an additional 16GB of space 500MB per referral, up to 32 referrals). If you upgrade to a paid account the 500MB for each referral is double to 1GB each for a maximum total of up to 32GB that can be earned through referrals. If you then downgrade back to a basic account each referral you've earned is again halved back to 500MB each. You keep the referrals, but what each one is worth varies with whether or not you're on a paid account.

Another thing I wanted to ask, I saw that there are 3 devices that can be synchronized, but I have an iPhone, an iPad, an iMac and a MacBook Pro, so I have a dropbox device. is it possible to sync 4 devices instead of 3? It's an absurd limitation.

It's actually not an absurd limitation, considering that the account is free. The only way to sync a fourth device would be to upgrade your account, add the fourth device, and then downgrade it back to a Basic account. Keep in mind that if you do this and then later remove a device to need to replace a device, you would again be limited to three and you wouldn't be able to add or change devices until you were back below the limit.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?