cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
If you’ve changed your email address, now's the perfect time to update it on your Dropbox account and we’re here to help! Learn more here.

Storage Space

Looking for help with managing the storage space in your Dropbox account? Talk to the Dropbox Community and get advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I've sent an invitation to someone to join Dropbox, but they haven't received my email. Any ideas?

I've sent an invitation to someone to join Dropbox, but they haven't received my email. Any ideas?

Who_am_I
Explorer | Level 4

I invited someone to join dropbox by adding their email. But they have not received the email. I double checked the email and it is correct.

I wanted to invite so we could both receive more space.

Can some help ?

thanks

10 Replies 10

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

Hey @Who_am_I, thanks for posting on our forum about this. 

If I get this right, you sent them a referral, correct? 

Have they also checked their spam folder? Other than that, they can add no-reply@dropbox.com to their email contacts.

If this doesn’t help either, is it possible they’re checking the wrong email address?

Let me know what you find and we’ll go from there.

Nancy
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Who_am_I
Explorer | Level 4

Thank you Nancy for replying.

Yes it was a referral invite. And email address is correct.

I have found out that I did referral invite this person many years ago, but tis person did not sign up then with Dropbox.  I asked person to try and find out if he did have an account by using "remind me of my password", but nothing was sent back to his email, indicating that the account appears not to have been created.

Also checked his spam, and it was not there.

Not sure now what else to do.

Thanks

Mark
Super User II

How about you just send him the link instead from https://www.dropbox.com/account/referrals to his email?

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Who_am_I
Explorer | Level 4

Hi Mark

I did this. I forwarded the link and the account was created using this link.

I should have received a notification to say that a new person who I referred has created a new account, and I should have received extra storage. But have not received any notification.

How can I check if I was credit with extra space?

Thanks

DBX_Pedro
Community Manager

Hi @Who_am_I ,

Have you tried following the steps on: how to check your account space?

Let us know if this helps, or if you've already checked it out.

Who_am_I
Explorer | Level 4

Thank you.

Yes I saw in my account, in the "refer a friend" section that the invitee's email address is shown, with a status showing "Waiting for email verification".

I know for a fact that the invitee has created an account based on my referral link, and had downloaded the desktop version and has successfully logged in.

So, I think, because the status has not changed to "completed", both myself and the invitee have not been credited with extra space.

So any further thoughts?

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

Hi again, @Who_am_I ! If you see this status, it means that the other user hasn’t verified their email address yet after creating the new Dropbox account. 

If they check their email address, do they see the verification email now? They'll need to double check their spam folder again, too.

Nancy
dropbox.com/support

Who_am_I
Explorer | Level 4

Thank you and apologies for delayed reply. The other user has verified, and I can now see the status has changed to "completed". 

However I have not earned the extra space. Is there a limit to earning referral space ? I have previously earned referral space, but not this time.

Any thoughts on this ?

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Hi @Who_am_I, there is a maximum on 32 referrals that can earn you 500 MB of quota each, to make 16 GB in total. 

Each referral above won't earn you any extra quota.

Jay
dropbox.com/support

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Who_am_I Explorer | Level 4
    Jay Dropbox Staff
    Nancy Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?