cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know more about how you can find anything and protect everything? Check it out here.

Storage Space

Looking for help with managing the storage space in your Dropbox account? Talk to the Dropbox Community and get advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have very little stored at my DB Plus 2TB account, but it says I'm out of room. Why?

I have very little stored at my DB Plus 2TB account, but it says I'm out of room. Why?

Stewart_Bowman
Helpful | Level 6

I have 880 GB of files at my Dropbox Plus account where I'm paying for 2TB of space but when I just tried sending a 300MB vid file it failed because DB says my account is full.

A bar graph shows my 880GB and 1.1TB of backup, but I can't find any files anywhere that say or appear to be any sort of backup.  Backup that I never at least intentionally activated.

But, DB is so unnecessarily complicated, I've been using it for about 5 years and I still dread coming here because everything is so difficult to figure out and photos and videos are not easy to search to find anything now. When I open a folder the images are all like stacked on top of each other instead of at least being in contact sheet format.

This is why I'm not  renewing this year and moving to Google Photos where you open an album and the vids and pix are visible as the full frame image in a size you can see detail clearly as you scroll down through the files.

Ok, I had to vent that while here, but where is this "backup" they say has hogged over half my space and how do I kill it?
One more question no one should have to ask, but, below as I finish this I see "Labels".  Would I be crazy to asume by Labels they mean "Tags"?
Geezus.

Thanks.

1 Reply 1

Mark
Super User II

Hi @Stewart_Bowman 

For backups look at www.dropbox.com/backups 

That will be where they are 🙂

And labels? Do you mean on the forum?

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Mark Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?