cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Storage Space

Looking for help with managing the storage space in your Dropbox account? Talk to the Dropbox Community and get advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't free up the Dropbox space on my Basic plan.

I can't free up the Dropbox space on my Basic plan.

robertbowlin
Explorer | Level 3

I have deleted all large files, I have turned off my shared files, I have looked for back ups which I can't find (I searched all of this), all to try to get back most of my 2GB free service. I have even asked the answer bot. At some point several days ago, I somehow was chatting with a real person though my plan doesn't allow that. Appreciate help, so I can continue my recording work. 

4 Replies 4

Rich
Super User II

@robertbowlin wrote:

I have looked for back ups which I can't find ...

robertbowlin
Explorer | Level 3

Thank you for replying! I went there and apparently no backups. So after deleting, etc. still no space restored, I'm over 2GB, and I don't want to upgrade when I can't yet get the basic to work as it should.

Screen Shot 2024-07-03 at 3.01.21 PM.png

 

robertbowlin
Explorer | Level 3

What am I missing?? I deleted all but a few files which I don't think are big (how can I see how big each is?), turned off the sharing files ( I think), went to backups- have no files listed in the info pane. Still over 2GB stored somewhere. I don't really want to have to upgrade till I can get this straight first. Thanks for any help. 

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Hi @robertbowlin, thanks for bringing this to our attention.

If you don't have any backups or shared folders taking up quota, then you must have some files on your account that are taking up space. 

You can check and calculate the size of folders on your account by following these steps, and this should help you locate which areas of your account are taking up space.

Keep me posted!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Jay Dropbox Staff
    robertbowlin Explorer | Level 3
    Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?