cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
If you’ve changed your email address, now's the perfect time to update it on your Dropbox account and we’re here to help! Learn more here.

Storage Space

Looking for help with managing the storage space in your Dropbox account? Talk to the Dropbox Community and get advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have received a message from Dropbox saying that I will lose access to my files, if I don’t upgrade

Have received a message from Dropbox saying that I will lose access to my files, if I don’t upgrade

EmmaJo
Explorer | Level 4

I have received a message from Dropbox saying

“Don't lose access to your files. Your files have stopped syncing because your Dropbox is full. Make sure you always have the latest version of your files across all linked devices by upgrading”

I am a pensioner and cannot afford to upgrade at this time. I have photos of my grandchildren in my Dropbox account, that I don’t want to lose. Can anyone advise me on how I can save these photos.

2 Replies 2

Mark
Super User II

You wont actually have any files lost/deleted, however, what it means (the email is BADLY worded!) is that Dropbox isnt syncing. So, the files that you see online and syncing between devices has stopped and does not include everything you have on your computer. So, those files are basically at risk now - if you delete them/wipe the machine etc. then you wont be able to recover them because they are not on Dropbox at all. However, they are on your computer still and ARE safe., 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

EmmaJo
Explorer | Level 4

Thank you for your response, which has given me some peace of mind.  Regards

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

EmmaJo Explorer | Level 4
    Mark Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?