cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
If you’ve changed your email address, now's the perfect time to update it on your Dropbox account and we’re here to help! Learn more here.

Storage Space

Looking for help with managing the storage space in your Dropbox account? Talk to the Dropbox Community and get advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finding all offline folders

Finding all offline folders

miniman
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

hi

I did a search although couldn't find this questions being asked. Sorry If I missed it!

I'm travelling and want to try and make some free space on my Macbook.  Is there a way I can find all the files taking up space from Dropbox, so I can set them to make available online only?

I have cleared some space already, although some of the folders have folders nested within them so could take a fair amount of time to trawl through manually.

Thanks for reading!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@miniman wrote:

Is there a way I can find all the files taking up space from Dropbox, so I can set them to make available online only?

The only way is to navigate the files and folders on your computer and look at their sync icons, which indicate whether a file or folder is online or offline. There is no list showing all offline or online files.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@miniman wrote:

Is there a way I can find all the files taking up space from Dropbox, so I can set them to make available online only?

The only way is to navigate the files and folders on your computer and look at their sync icons, which indicate whether a file or folder is online or offline. There is no list showing all offline or online files.

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @miniman, thanks for bringing this to our attention.

While there isn't a method to do so, as @Rich suggested, if you need to make all files online-only, you could right click the Dropbox folder and then mark it as online-only.

This would free up space as any local files in the Dropbox folder would return to being online-only.

If you need any further assistance, please let me know!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

miniman
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

hi @Rich and @Jay 

Thanks for posting and sorry for the slow reply.

I ended up using CC cleaner to show me the largest file sizes and then unticked the "make available offline" to free up space whilst travelling. 

Cheers!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

miniman Explorer | Level 4
    Jay Dropbox Staff
    Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?