cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Storage Space

Looking for help with managing the storage space in your Dropbox account? Talk to the Dropbox Community and get advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Iphone storage NUKED

Dropbox takes up 90GB space on my iPhone.

jacobrcl
New member | Level 2

I have 200gb of stuff in my drop box, on my iphone drop box takes up 90Gb of space, I can’t download the photos on it because I dont have enough space, I though there was a way to store it all seperately from storage or anything like that??

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

jacobrcl
New member | Level 2

saved me hours G clearing Cache fixes this issue

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Rich
Super User II

@jacobrcl wrote:
I have 200gb of stuff in my drop box, on my iphone drop box takes up 90Gb of space, I can’t download the photos on it because I dont have enough space,

As you open and view files in Dropbox on your phone, Dropbox will cache them on the device. While Dropbox will remove items from cache after a time, you can clear it manually from Settings within the app. If that doesn't clear all the storage used by Dropbox, uninstall and reinstall the app. Just know that any files you've marked as available offline will need to be remarked as such.

Mark
Super User II

Try clearing the cache from Dropbox by going in to 'Personal and Settings (the cog button at the top)' 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

jacobrcl
New member | Level 2

saved me hours G clearing Cache fixes this issue

jacobrcl
New member | Level 2

WOrked and saved me so much time and 100GB thank you man

Need more support?