cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
If you’ve changed your email address, now's the perfect time to update it on your Dropbox account and we’re here to help! Learn more here.

Storage Space

Looking for help with managing the storage space in your Dropbox account? Talk to the Dropbox Community and get advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox Email Notice

Dropbox Email Notice

brett11
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Hi I got an email stating you're almost out of room and stating I only have the basic 2GB of storage but my account settings states otherwise showing my account has 9.5GB of storage?

Why have I received this email stating that almost out of space when I am not near my 9.5GB of storage but I do have over 2GB of files in storage so dropbox is pushing me or offering me upgrades when I don't need it.

Is this just scare mongering by Dropbox or just forceful marketing or a technical issue?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@brett11 wrote:

Is this just scare mongering by Dropbox or just forceful marketing or a technical issue?

Likely just a false positive, or they're basing it on a percentage of free space. If you're not full, just delete it.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@brett11 wrote:

Likely just a false positive, or they're basing it on a percentage of free space. If you're not full, just delete it.

brett11
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Ok thanks for that. ðŸ˜Š

Ivanna499
Explorer | Level 4

I've had the same issue too, 2 emails so far stating I am out of space, yet, I've only used 1.07 MG of my 2GB storage. I dislike that I am unable to contact a real person and not a bot. As those emails, they are marked  "don't reply." Again, like you, I feel like I'm being pressured to buy a larger storage. 

Ivanna499
Explorer | Level 4

Are you referring to deleting the emails, or the account? Just to clarify. As I  have gotten the same, 2 emails indicating I'm almost out of storage. Yet, I have only used 1.07 MG of 2 GB's. 

Rich
Super User II

@Ivanna499 wrote:

2 emails so far stating I am out of space, yet, I've only used 1.07 MG of my 2GB storage.

Have you checked your actual usage on your Plan page? Do you have anything listed on your Backups page?

brett11
Helpful | Level 5

Hi Yes I'm referring the emails.

It seems that anyone with a free account gets hounded to update their account to a paid subscription.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

brett11 Helpful | Level 5
    Rich Super User II
    Ivanna499 Explorer | Level 4
What do Dropbox user levels mean?