cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Storage Space

Looking for help with managing the storage space in your Dropbox account? Talk to the Dropbox Community and get advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't access shared folder - insufficient available space

Can't access shared folder - insufficient available space

Antoine_TCA
New member | Level 2

Hi,

I've been shared access to a client's dropbox folder through an invitation link by mail.

when I click on the blue button, it opens dropbox and I land on a page saying I must subscribe to a new monthly plan to have more storage space to import this folder.
The matter is I don't want to import that folder, nor do I want to download its content, I only want to see it.

What would be the issue leading to my impossibility watching the shared folder content?

1 Reply 1

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

Hi @Antoine_TCA, and welcome to our forum!

If you were invited to add a shared folder to your Dropbox account, then you’ll need to have indeed enough account quota to join as a member (shared folders take up space from your Dropbox account, like the rest of your personal files). 

If you simply want to view its contents though, you can ask the folder owner to send you a shared link instead. 

Let me know if you need further help.

Nancy
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Nancy Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?