cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know more about how you can find anything and protect everything? Check it out here.

Storage Space

Looking for help with managing the storage space in your Dropbox account? Talk to the Dropbox Community and get advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Also Lost Earned Space - Please help?

Also Lost Earned Space - Please help?

Sue-PSC
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Our agency has been successfully using Dropbox for about 11 years. Over that time, we'd added several clients, resulting in "earned storage space".  A couple months ago I suddenly lost all of that extra space and am limited to the original free storage amount.  We'd never before had a storage problem as we keep files cleaned up. Yet I went through the account with a fine-toothed comb and removed anything slightly extraneous. There still is not enough space for our needs after the mysterious change occurred. Can someone please help me understand what happened and, more importantly, how to get our earned space back?

14 Replies 14

Sue-PSC
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Oh my gosh, thank you!

Sorry to be a pain, but I have a question. I left-clicked the app icon on my Windows screen and found Backup to Dropbox. Opening that I'm in Dropbox Backup (Beta). This allows me to Manage Backup. I turned off Automatic Backups. Is this enough, or should I now click Delete you "name" backup? If I click that, will all my files still be in my account Dropbox folders?

Sue-PSC
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Jay, after turning off the backup (was a passport backup), I then clicked the Delete (passport) backup.  It no longer shows up on my Backup page, but I still have the same storage error message. Is there an amount of time for this to clear itself up and restore my account?

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

If the quota hasn't freed up, then it sounds like it hasn't been deleted fully from the site, could you check again to see if it's still visible on the backup page and try deleting it again?

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Sue-PSC
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Ooh, thank you! It did show an error in deleting it. I was able to delete it this time and everything looks right with the world again! Jay, many thanks for your patience and assistance.  I'm thrilled with being able to continue using Dropbox!

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

No worries, glad to have helped out.

Enjoy the rest of your week!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?