cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Settings and Preferences

The Dropbox Community is here to help if you have questions about your account settings and preferences. Learn and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recently changed my email address and now my account is empty

Recently changed my email address and now my account is empty

qtec
Explorer | Level 3

I changed my email address in my drop box account recently. Now when I log in using my new email my drop box is empty. Deleted files is also empty. Cannot find any buttons or links to be able to contact someone to find out why the file is empty.

5 Replies 5

maher1982
Super User

Hello, may I ask if when you log in to Dropbox using your old email address, do you still see your files there?

Are you sure that Dropbox sent you an email confirming the email change?

qtec
Explorer | Level 3

Hi. I have tried logging in using old email. Does not work. Its says sensing a code to [removed per the Dropbox Community Guidelines] - No idea what this is. 

Mark
Super User II

Its a 2 factor security code which you need to get from that email. Can you access it?

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

qtec
Explorer | Level 3

No idea what that email is. It is not an email address associated with me.

maher1982
Super User

Hi Qtec,

I think there was an error during the email change process. Since you are unable to access the email address associated with the two-factor authentication [removed per the Dropbox Community Guidelines] and you do not recognize it, I strongly recommend contacting Dropbox support for assistance.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

maher1982 Super User
    qtec Explorer | Level 3
    Mark Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?