cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Settings and Preferences

The Dropbox Community is here to help if you have questions about your account settings and preferences. Learn and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: RETURN "STARRED" BACK TO LEFT NAVIGATION MENU BAR (revised location is not as expedien

RETURN "STARRED" BACK TO LEFT NAVIGATION MENU BAR (revised location is not as expedient)

earguilla
New member | Level 2

Hello Development Team,

Please return "STARRED" back to the Left Navigation Menu Bar (revised location is not as expedient).

Now user has to click Home, then scroll down, then click Starred (vs clicking Starred as part of Navigation Bar)

Thank you in advance.

11 Replies 11

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

Thanks for posting on our forum, @earguilla!

I’ve passed your comments as feedback to the appropriate team. This way, they can take it into consideration for the future. 

If you need something else, don’t hesitate to ping me.

Nancy
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Kandg
Helpful | Level 7

Yes, PLEASE, ADD Starred folder back to the navigation menu bar.  Very frustrating!!

Kandg
Helpful | Level 7

Nancy, any update on this?

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Hey @Kandg, there are no specific updates we can provide about this at this time.

If we do get any, we will let you know.

Have a great day!

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

T Blumer
Helpful | Level 6

Absolutely no point why STARRED and last opened (in German it is ZULETZT, dont know the English term here) have disappeared from the left menu bar. Bring them back. 

Kandg
Helpful | Level 7

Feedback from Dropbox would be appreciated.  Do they intend to put these options back on the menu?

Sam DBX
Community Manager

Hi all,

We’re continuing to work on the ability for users to filter their content to improve find-ability, and as always, we're keeping an eye on your feedback. In case this was missed: as part of removing Recents and Starred from the left nav, we introduced them as filters on All FilesYou can now select these filters to see the same list of recently accessed or starred items from your root folder.

Screenshot 2023-08-09 at 16.22.21.png

We’ll make sure to share updates here.

Thank you!

Sam

T Blumer
Helpful | Level 6

Hi Samantha,

Yes, but I can profit from this filter only on the top level of the hierarchy, not if I am midst of something somewhere. Beyond that I am still asking myself what advantage brought this now by two lines reduced left menu space ...

Cheers, 

Thoma

David Stone
New member | Level 2

Yes. Please return STARRED back to left side panel. It was the thing I used  every single day for two years while writing a book in collaboration with several people. Very important. What you've done recently is not an improvement, but instead a hassle. I love Dropbox -- but not this recent change. THANKS. David

Need more support?