cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know more about how you can find anything and protect everything? Check it out here.

Settings and Preferences

The Dropbox Community is here to help if you have questions about your account settings and preferences. Learn and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox says my 5GB Quicken promotion code has "already been used" - but that's not true

Quicken Coupon says "code already used"

gkgriffith
Explorer | Level 4

Quicken offers a coupon for 5GB free Dropbox storage for Quicken subscribers. However, upon submitting the code, Dropbox says my code has already been used. This seems to be a common issue as there are many similar posts in the Dropbox Community, but without resolution. Some say they chatted with Dropbox Support, but I don't find a channel for contacting Dropbox directly. I could really use the additional 5GB of Dropbox storage. How can I resolve this?

7 Replies 7

Rich
Super User II

@gkgriffith wrote:

However, upon submitting the code, Dropbox says my code has already been used. ... How can I resolve this?

You'll need to contact Quicken and they'll likely need to issue you a new code. They've been handing out "used" codes for years now, and it's something that only they can resolve for you.

gkgriffith
Explorer | Level 4

Thank you, Rich!

I chatted with Quicken Support and they were able to email me a new code that worked. I've entered the new code and received the 5GB of storage for Dropbox.

slcochra
Explorer | Level 3

Can someone help?  I contacted Quicken support and they told me it was a Dropbox issue.  There is no way to directly contact Dropbox support.  

Mark
Super User II

Quicken are giving you the run around I'm afraid, its there issue, 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

MisterBill
New member | Level 2

I call BS on this. I currently have the same problem and Quicken support had to call Dropbox support, and I had to provide a screenshot of the code from the Quicken website. After uploading that and saying how ridiculous it is, Quicken support said "I appreciate that William, I hope they accept me that, they are very picky."

Ridiculous that this should be so difficult to resolve.

After about 30 minutes in the chat, I finally got a new code and it worked.

"

ostraz
Explorer | Level 4

Quicken says "As a thank you for being a Quicken member, we’re giving you free Dropbox space. To Claim this offer

I tried this but Dropbox says "the code you entered has already been used." 

That's just not true- I've never used this code, and my Dropbox account does not have the +5GB upgrade.

I read the relevant Quicken support article  but it has no information about this error.

Quicken support told me to take this up with Dropbox, as the problem is apparently on the Dropbox side.

So, what is going on here?

coupon code.pngalready used.png

Rich
Super User II

@ostraz wrote:

I tried this but Dropbox says "the code you entered has already been used." ... Quicken support told me to take this up with Dropbox, as the problem is apparently on the Dropbox side.

Unfortunately, you need to go back to Quicken support and insist that they provide you with a new code. They've been handing out "used" codes for years now, and it's something that only they can resolve for you.

Need more support?