cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Settings and Preferences

The Dropbox Community is here to help if you have questions about your account settings and preferences. Learn and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't login

Not receiving 6 digit verification code

elhdesigner
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

I have been trying to access my dropbox account for the past month and have not received any 6 digit access code emails or any password reset emails, or for that matter any emails from Dropbox. I pay a monthly subscription fee so I don't think my account has been shut down as I have seen in other threads. I NEED these files!

195 Replies 195

Nancy
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @jjavier! Let’s have a look.

First of all, can you please send me any ticket numbers you may have, in order to locate them in our system?

Since you’ve checked a few things already, I understand you’ve also looked into the spam folder and the email isn’t there either.

Has this email address received any Dropbox emails at all recently? Can you also add no-reply@dropbox.com to the email contacts, and attempt to resend the one-time code?

Nancy
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

EJ27
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

I can't login. I enter my email address and then my password. Then it tells me a code is sent to my email address but I don't receive that (I can check the spambox on Monday but I don't believe it's there). How else can I login?

Claudia28
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Hello! I have a problem with the mail that dropbox sends with the 6 number code. I don't receive any mail from dropbox so I cannot enter into my account. My mail account works well because I receive mail from other addresses. Then I looked for the dropbox mail in spam but there isn't. I contacted the support that suggested me to reset password but I didn't received the mail for the resecting password. I also wrote a mail to my provider mail account and they wrote me that it works and that they need a message of not delivering from dropbox. I need help. I need my file in dropbox cloud. What can I do? Thank you for your help. 

Nancy
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @EJ27! I’d still suggest you check your email’s spam folder first, as there’s a chance the code is there indeed.

If this doesn’t work out, please also add no-reply@dropbox.com to your email contacts, and try to resend the code.

Besides that, you can check for any linked devices, as the 6-digit code may have been sent as a notification there.

@Claudia28, can you please send me the ticket number from your convo with our support team? 

Have you also added no-reply@dropbox.com to your email contacts and checked your devices' notifications, as suggested above?

Nancy
dropbox.com/support

EJ27
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

I'll check the spam, thanks. How do I add an email to my email contacts if I can't login...

Claudia28
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

@Nancy  I added no-reply@dropbox.com to my email contacts and checked my devices' notifications, as you suggested, but I didn't find the number code.  I don't have a ticket number of the conversation with the support team because it was a chatbot. I am really desperate...

Claudia28
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

@Nancy I have just written to the support team. This is my ticket number: 22614042. I haven't received a reply because I sent the mail 5 minutes ago. 

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @Claudia28, I can see that a support agent has replied to your ticket. Please could you check your inbox and reply to them if needed.

Jay
dropbox.com/support

Claudia28
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

@Jay Thank you so much. I have just read the mail sent by the dropbox support and I hope they will help me. 

EJ27
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Nothing in spam... Now what do I do?

Need more support?