cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We been busy working on some major updates to the Community, so check out what's changing, what’s staying the same and what you can expect from the Dropbox Community right here.

Settings and Preferences

The Dropbox Community is here to help if you have questions about your account settings and preferences. Learn and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My devices are linked to two different email addresses

My devices are linked to two different email addresses

pinkyellowroses74
New member | Level 2

When I now go to dropbox on my PHONE, it appears to be linked to ONE of my prior (but still active) email addresses. When I go to dropbox on my COMPUTER, it appears to be linked ANOTHER one of my email addresses. I got a new phone update several years ago and wanted to start using dropbox again. When I went to open dropbox (probably on my computer), it appeared I was setting up a NEW dropbox account. However, I could see older pictures I had saved in dropbox previously. I'm not sure what happened but, this is the confusing part. When I go to dropbox on my computer, in the upper right hand corner, the second of my email addresses is shown. When I go to dropbox on my phone, the first of my email addresses is shown. ***My fear now is that if I sign out of one or both accounts, I will be locked out of BOTH dropbox accounts!  Can you see accounts for both yahoo.com and gmail.com? Have they been combined? Were all of my previous account's photos carried over when you set up my newer account? It appears most were, but I am missing some that I thought I had uploaded to dropbox with the prior email address. Thank you.

3 Replies 3

DBX_Pedro
Community Manager

Hi @pinkyellowroses74,

Thanks for getting in touch.

It looks like this account is linked to a Gmail address. Would it be alright if we contacted you via email?

We can continue from there.

pinkyellowroses74
New member | Level 2
Yes email is fine

Megan
Dropbox Staff

I just sent you an email @pinkyellowroses74, I'll see you there! 

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Megan Dropbox Staff
    pinkyellowroses74 New member | Level 2
    DBX_Pedro Community Manager
What do Dropbox user levels mean?