cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know more about how you can find anything and protect everything? Check it out here.

Settings and Preferences

The Dropbox Community is here to help if you have questions about your account settings and preferences. Learn and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My account was closed?

My Dropbox account was deleted due to inactivity, can I get back my referral space?

Anas1
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Hi,

My account was deleted as I was inactive for over a year, and I understand that but is it possible if I can get back the space I earned through referrals to friends previously and yes, I registered with the same email address?

32 Replies 32

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

@aguskristianto - sorry once an account is deleted for inactivity all data is removed relating to that account. There is no record of your referral space etc. so nobody can return it. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Susq
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hi,

How do I reopen my account after it got closed? I didn't notice the warnings/ mails (thought they are spam emails) . I didn't use my account for a looong time so that's why it closed, ok. BUT I need those files back. Please, tell me that there is something to do to save those files...!

(I opened new account, but that doesn't bring missing files back..:C  )

Susq

Hannah
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @Susq, thanks for taking the time to post here today.

I'm afraid that if your account was closed due to inactivity, it's not possible to get it restored.

I'm sorry that I can't help you more with this, but if you have any more questions, let me know.

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?