cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Settings and Preferences

The Dropbox Community is here to help if you have questions about your account settings and preferences. Learn and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to combine my two accounts into one account?

Is it possible to combine my two accounts into one account?

Ryan Tyrrell
New member | Level 2

Good morning!

Is it possible to combine my two accounts into one account. I have this account[Removed as per Community Guidelines] , and I also have an older account[Removed as per Community Guidelines] .

If possible, I would like to combine both accounts under[Removed as per Community GuidelinesWhatever package I need to upgrade to in order to combine accounts is fine with me.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Ryan

3 Replies 3

Rich
Super User II

@Ryan Tyrrell wrote:

Is it possible to combine my two accounts into one account.

It's not possible to merge accounts. You can use a shared folder to move the content from one account to another, but that's it. When you're done moving the content, you can simply delete the account that you no longer need, or leave it idle and it will be deleted after a year.

Ryan Tyrrell
New member | Level 2

Thanks, Rich. Unfortunately the email address for the removed account is no longer active so I can't access that account via 2 step auth. Any advice there?

Thx again.

Rich
Super User II

@Ryan Tyrrell wrote:

Unfortunately the email address for the removed account is no longer active so I can't access that account via 2 step auth. Any advice there?

You can try contacting Support, but without access to the email account you may not be able to gain access to the Dropbox account. You need to maintain an active email address on your account so you can receive password resets and one-time security codes used during sign in.

To contact Support, visit the Support page while you're NOT signed in to a Dropbox account, including these forums, and you'll see an option for sign in issues. It's best to use an Incognito or Private browsing session to make sure you're not signed in.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rich Super User II
    Ryan Tyrrell New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?