cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We been busy working on some major updates to the Community, so check out what's changing, what’s staying the same and what you can expect from the Dropbox Community right here.

Settings and Preferences

The Dropbox Community is here to help if you have questions about your account settings and preferences. Learn and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Mystyped email address

I made a typo on my email address and can't change it. What can I do?

LunaM
New member | Level 2

Hello, I made an account on an old device, and I accidentally mistyped my email address, and I can't change it. Can I do something about it?

3 Replies 3

maher1982
Super User

According to my information, if you mistyped your email address when creating your Dropbox account and can't access it, unfortunately, you won't be able to verify or recover the account since it requires email verification.

If you don't have important files on the mistyped account, try creating a new one with the correct email. However, if you have important files in that account, I suggest contacting Dropbox support. They might be able to help.

LunaM
New member | Level 2

I actually still have the old device, but its on an old version, (exactly on 2.3.12.22) and i dont know how to change the email.

maher1982
Super User

If you know your Dropbox password but don’t have access to the associated email address, log in to Dropbox then immediately change your email address.

Need more support?