cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Settings and Preferences

The Dropbox Community is here to help if you have questions about your account settings and preferences. Learn and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Two accounts

I have two accounts and didn't realize until recently - how can I contact support to resolve this?

James T
New member | Level 2

I have two emails connected to one Dropbox however I seem to have been paying for two separate Dropbox accounts for years. I didn't realise until recently. I have tried every way possible to contact Dropbox but they don't seem to want to offer any support or even communication so I let one account laps in order that they might contact me but all I get is demands for payment. Does anyone know how to contact Dropbox support by email, chat or phone or do I need to send a letter?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

James T
New member | Level 2

I managed to chat to an agent by going through sales.

Unbeknownst to me I had two accounts with almost identical files in each. The solution is to transfer everything into one account and delete the other. 

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Mark
Super User II

All support is at www.dropbox.com/support - but you need to make sure you are doing it via one of the accounts logged in that is paid.

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

James T
New member | Level 2

No joy. I don't see any support options.

Mark
Super User II

That means you are logging in using an account which you arent paying for - i.e. you have multiple accounts. You can also confirm this via www.dropbox.com/account/plan

You can either try and work out which ones you are paying for and log in to those (consider using the credit card look up tool: https://help.dropbox.com/billing/find-credit-card-charge) or log a ticket via www.dropbox.com/support while not logged in, even to here. Its often easier to use an incognito window to do this.

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

James T
New member | Level 2

I managed to chat to an agent by going through sales.

Unbeknownst to me I had two accounts with almost identical files in each. The solution is to transfer everything into one account and delete the other. 

gswhite1
Explorer | Level 4

I need someone right now as I removed the good one by mistake!

Mark
Super User II

@gswhite1 wrote:

I need someone right now as I removed the good one by mistake!

How do you mean 'removed the good one' ? Do you mean you deleted an account via the Dropbox website? If so its completely unrecoverable I'm afraid. 

Gswhite11
New member | Level 2

I guess I failed to delete it, Thank God! 

I now have two Dropbox accounts,

One as “[removed per Community Guidelines]”and the other is as [removed per Community Guidelines]

I just updated my “gswhite58” to a family account, but what I should have done is upgraded my “gswhite1” to a Family account.

I would like to remove the “[removed per Community Guidelines]” altogether and simply upgrade my

“[removed per Community Guidelines]”

I thought I had removed the account “[removed per Community Guidelines]” the other day but I just tried to login via ingognito, and it worked, thank God! After all the trouble with the new account setup, I will be real happy to use the one (“[removed per Community Guidelines]”) as it is already setup and working perfectly!

Please completely remove Account [removed per Community Guidelines]  

Then show my how I can get [removed per Community Guidelines] upgraded to the Family Plan?

Nancy
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @Gswhite11! Please note that this is a public forum, so you shouldn’t divulge any personal info (like your email address) for security reasons. I’ve removed it in the meantime from your post. 

Now, as for your request, I’d like to mention that we don’t have account visibility on the forum either. With this in mind, can I log a ticket for you instead, so that we can look into this internally? I can reach you to the email address you see here.

Nancy
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

gswhite1
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

No thank you it is all resolved.

Need more support?