cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Are you interested in learning how media industry leaders use Dropbox Replay? Register for our webinar here.

Settings and Preferences

The Dropbox Community is here to help if you have questions about your account settings and preferences. Learn and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can sign in to my account on my PC but not on my cellphone

I can sign in to my account on my PC but not on my cellphone

SteveG8
New member | Level 2

I can sign in via my PC. But i cannot sign in with my cellphone using the Dropbox app. I use DuckDuckGo as my browser.   My browser uses a VPN.  Is this why i cannot sign in from my cellphone (the VPN)? 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Mark
Super User II

Yes very likely - because it uses timezones and location checks just to match where you are etc. 

Try disabling that for a moment to log in and then it should work 🙂

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Mark
Super User II

Yes very likely - because it uses timezones and location checks just to match where you are etc. 

Try disabling that for a moment to log in and then it should work 🙂

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

SteveG8
New member | Level 2

Thank you Mark.  I believe i'm in.  When i access a document on my cellphone (to read it), will that use up memory on my cellphone?

Rich
Super User II

@SteveG8 wrote:

When i access a document on my cellphone (to read it), will that use up memory on my cellphone?

Yes, the Dropbox app will store the file in cache for a while. You'll see the disk space used by the app increase as you open more files. The app will manage this on its own, though there is a button to clear the cache in Dropbox Settings.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rich Super User II
    SteveG8 New member | Level 2
    Mark Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?