cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Settings and Preferences

The Dropbox Community is here to help if you have questions about your account settings and preferences. Learn and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: How many devices do I use for my account?

How many devices do I use for my account?

Tolkyyn
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I have Dropbox on 3 devices, one is my iPhone.  When I try to move a photo there, it says I've used all the devices allowed without paying for an upgrade. However, the iPhone is already one of the 3 devices.  I don't know how to see which other device Dropbox may think I have given it access to.  The unhelpful "Help" section says to access the Admin Console on the left of the page (on my PC screen).  There is no Admin Console and no pictures anywhere showing what it might look like.

Can anyone explain to me how I see which devices Dropbox thinks I have given access to?

Thank you,

Tolkyyn

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@Tolkyyn wrote:

When I try to move a photo there, it says I've used all the devices allowed without paying for an upgrade. However, the iPhone is already one of the 3 devices.

It's not really devices. More Have you ever installations. If you've ever uninstalled and reinstalled the Dropbox app, it may see it as a different device.

You can see and manage the devices connected to your account on your Security page.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@Tolkyyn wrote:

When I try to move a photo there, it says I've used all the devices allowed without paying for an upgrade. However, the iPhone is already one of the 3 devices.

It's not really devices. More Have you ever installations. If you've ever uninstalled and reinstalled the Dropbox app, it may see it as a different device.

You can see and manage the devices connected to your account on your Security page.

Tolkyyn
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

@Rich wrote:

@Tolkyyn wrote:

Thank you very much Rich.  That security page is what I needed.  It showed me that it still had my old iPhone from 4 years ago connected.  Not anymore!  I hope everything will work once Dropbox sees that I've disconnected the old phone.  Thank you very much.

Need more support?