cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Settings and Preferences

The Dropbox Community is here to help if you have questions about your account settings and preferences. Learn and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I set the frequency for Dropbox Backup to run?

How can I set the frequency for Dropbox Backup to run?

Frank P E.
Helpful | Level 7

I have backup turn on for my documents folder --- how do I set the frequency for the backup to run? 

5 Replies 5

Здравко
Legendary | Level 20

@Frank P E. wrote:

... how do I set the frequency for the backup to run? 

Hi @Frank P E.,

You cannot set such a thing in Dropbox. Backup for whatever you have selected runs continuous as far as your Dropbox application runs.

Hope this clarifies matter.

Frank P E.
Helpful | Level 7

thaks for the info so  any file save in my documents folder will be  "watched" and backup if it changes --- 

Здравко
Legendary | Level 20

@Frank P E. wrote:

thaks for the info so  any file save in my documents folder will be  "watched" and backup if it changes --- 

Hm.. 🤔 Yes, as far as such thing may be described as "backup". Keep in mind that the so called "backup" is rather Dropbox marketing trick - it's sync in fact. Like everything in Dropbox folder, all folders you have selected in you "backup" setup gets moved into Dropbox are keep in sync as residing there. 😉 That's it - no much more. The only difference is the place where such syncs appear online - on backups section, not on all files. Dropbox doesn't have real backup in fact; if you rely to backup your things (I mean true backup, not just alternative sync) look around for another services.

Good luck.

Mark
Super User II

One thing to note is that if you are using Backup on a directory it is not a sync as such - it used to be in the initial beta but was then changed. In fact it is now almost a 'dumb' sync in that it will sync one way to Dropbox but not to other devices and you cannot share/edit or work with the files being backed up. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Frank P E.
Helpful | Level 7

thanks for the info 

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Frank P E. Helpful | Level 7
    Mark Super User II
    Здравко Legendary | Level 20
What do Dropbox user levels mean?