cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Are you using the Microsoft co-authoring beta for Dropbox? Share your feedback and learn more about it here.

Settings and Preferences

The Dropbox Community is here to help if you have questions about your account settings and preferences. Learn and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Double Billing

How can I merge accounts or add an email to my account?

RPL5
Explorer | Level 3

Hello, I have 2 accounts. One is paid and the other, used less frequently but needed for business is a free account. I'm only using it to share or upload docs to someone else's paid account. I cannot add the email from my second account to my paid account since it's taken. What's the fix here?

I really don't feel like I should be paying for two accounts but I need a way to merge them. I believe an option "may" be to move all the files from 2nd account (many are shared and not mine to modify) to my paid account and then delete or terminate my free account. Please advise.

3 Replies 3

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Hi @RPL5, when you say 'add the email', do you mean you want to change the email address on the paid account, or to add it as a secondary email address? 

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

RPL5
Explorer | Level 3

Hi Jay, ideally I'd add my 2nd email, which now has it's own account associated with it, to the primary, paid account without losing access the data currently accessible from the 2nd account. Thanks.

Mark
Super User II

Hi @RPL5 

That isnt possible to merge accounts. What I'd suggest is moving all data from one (free) to the paid one. You can use shared folders for that. 

You can then delete the free account and add the second email to https://www.dropbox.com/account/general 🙂

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Need more support?