cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
If you’ve changed your email address, now's the perfect time to update it on your Dropbox account and we’re here to help! Learn more here.

Settings and Preferences

The Dropbox Community is here to help if you have questions about your account settings and preferences. Learn and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have two Basic Accounts (different emails), but I just want one to se across three laptops.

Have two Basic Accounts (different emails), but I just want one to se across three laptops.

Cargill
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

We have two fairly new laptops - and I want Dropbox on each of them to link to my desktop.

However the desktop has a different account / different email to the two newer devices, both of which have defaulted to my gmail.com email that I retain just for Microsoft / Chrome.  I can't find any way to change the two new device accounts to the desktop account email - when I attempt to amend the gmail.com email in my Account, Dropbox naturally says that email is already taken.  I could change the desktop to the gmail.com Account, but I can't find how to do that either.

Do I need to uninstall Dropbox on the desktop (I have a backup of all the files that are stored) and reinstall it as if it were new, and assume it will also default to the gmail.com account, and all three devices will then sync?

Any advice will be much appreciated.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

Hi @Cargill 

Yes, thats basically it - you need to unlink (and then remove/rename or delete the current Dropbox folder) and relink to the correct email. You can do that by uninstalling if easier 🙂

https://help.dropbox.com/installs/uninstall-dropbox

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

Hi @Cargill 

Yes, thats basically it - you need to unlink (and then remove/rename or delete the current Dropbox folder) and relink to the correct email. You can do that by uninstalling if easier 🙂

https://help.dropbox.com/installs/uninstall-dropbox

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Mark Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?