cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Are you interested in hearing how one of our Community members uses Dropbox for sailing trips? Read all about it here.

Settings and Preferences

The Dropbox Community is here to help if you have questions about your account settings and preferences. Learn and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox Email-based MFA not sending emails

Dropbox Email-based MFA not sending emails

tester8348629568
New member | Level 2

Hi all. I'm an admin in higher education, and while we are not a Dropbox customer, we occasionally have people use their university addresses for personal accounts.

One user apparently had configured their university M365/Exchange Online mailbox as the destination for email-based MFA code delivery.  (I made a test account and that no longer seems to be an option, so I'm guessing the user is grandfathered in & I won't be able to try replicating their issue)

However, they never receive this email.

Being an admin, I ran a trace through our system (Cisco Secure Email in front of M365/Exchange), and absolutely nothing came through. No trace of an accepted message, and no logs of rejections if I'm searching against wildcarded sender domains of *dropbox* or *amazonses*. (Assuming these are using Amazon SES like other Dropbox emails)

The kicker is that other Dropbox emails currently delivery fine. New account emails, marketing emails, etc all deliver. (Possibly related but maybe not.. Dropbox password resets are *also* being currently marked as SCL=8 and quarantined by Microsoft's high-confidence phish policy that is forced upon customers)

Anyone else able to replicate this issue with non-delivery of email MFA messages for Dropbox accounts?

Thanks!

1 Reply 1

Walter
Dropbox Staff

HI there @tester8348629568 - thanks for bringing this to our attention.

If the issue persists after disabling and re-enabling MFA, may we reach out via email to the email address that's associated with your profile here on our Community, so that we can have a  further look internally?

Thanks!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Walter Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?