cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Settings and Preferences

The Dropbox Community is here to help if you have questions about your account settings and preferences. Learn and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dice captcha is an atrocity

Dice captcha is an atrocity

TRD-
New member | Level 2

The "add dice up to 14" captcha - five times in a row - with a time limit - grainy images - that resets if you get one single wrong answer is absolutely not a test of me "being human". It is a frustrating and ridiculous waste of time that is not disability friendly and simply impossible under some internet conditions. Personally, I already detest dropbox and only use it when forced to by external collaborators. Every time I am forced to use it there is some fresh hell you have invented to make the experience even worse.

Doing fieldwork where I had patchy internet and a small screen this captcha was impossible for me. It delayed file sharing for about a week. Get rid of it. I can only imagine how impossible this must be for someone with dyslexia, and there doesn't seem to be any way to ask for an alternate test. Frankly I can't believe someone hasn't sued you for discrimination yet.

6 Replies 6

Megan
Dropbox Staff
Hey @TRD-, thanks for posting here!

Your comments on our captcha has been really helpful, and I will make every effort to ensure that your voice is heard.

We pay attention to your comments, and posts since it helps us understand how Dropbox fits into and influences your everyday routine.

Your input has been really beneficial, and I will do everything in my power to ensure that your voice is heard.

I'll pass along your comments to the proper departments so that we can continue to improve.

If you need anything else, I'm here. 

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

mschneide
New member | Level 2

I AGREE. I just wasted 20 minutes trying to get through it. I was trying to use Dropbox to file share, but I ran out of space. I was TRYING TO PAY for an upgrade-- literally buying the service, and I cannot get through it. Absolutely horrific and disability un-friendly. I've decided to use google drive instead. Absolutely ridiculous.

Adamspark
New member | Level 2

It doesn't even clarify if I should add only the tops... the numbers.. or the dots.. wth???

jackngan
New member | Level 2

It is horrible and I wasted 30 minute and it did not let me go though and I am quite sure I did the right math!! It is ridiculous!

taherrera
New member | Level 2

I diched dropbox a long time ago. Now a friend shares me video and your **bleep**ty service asks to solve the dice 10 times in a row. Never using this crappy software in my life.

PS: I just made an account to only comment on this. lol

gg yy
New member | Level 2

You know its bad. You know it because others have mentioned it.

And the 'people' who implemented it must have known. Probably thought it was amusing. Sickos.

And yet you do nothing.

You lost a business customer.

I hate dropbox with every fibre of my being.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

gg yy New member | Level 2
    taherrera New member | Level 2
    jackngan New member | Level 2
    Adamspark New member | Level 2
    mschneide New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?